What’s going on?

TODAY FEB. 11
Feeling overwhelmed? Today is the kick-off of Anxiety 101, a new weekly event designed to teach skills to cope with anxiety and stress. The group is free and will take place from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the UM Counseling Center (building 21-R). Call 305- 284-5511 to enroll.

Susannah Heschel, daughter of Dartmouth professor of Judaic Studies Joshua Heschel, will present “Moral Grandeur and Spiritual Audacity – Celebrating the Centennial of Abraham Joshua Heschel.” This event will begin at 8 p.m. at the Miller Center in the Merrick Building. Light refreshments will be served.

TUESDAY FEBRUARY 12
The Abess Center for Ecosystem Science and Policy will present a seminar titled “Energy Choices, Energy Futures,” featuring guest speaker Rich Sears from Shell Oil. This event is free and open to the public and will take place from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in Shojaee Hall in the School of Communications.

Come watch “Charlie Bartlett,” a witty comedy about a wealthy teen struggling to fit in at his new public high school, from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at Cosford Cinema.

WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 13
Hang out at Spoken Word Wednesday, featuring Sonni Paterson & Random Wright, from 8 p.m. to midnight at the Rat.

Catch a mid-week movie tonight. “Aladdin” will be showing at 8 p.m. and at 10 p.m. in Cosford Cinema.

ETC
Head over to IHOP on Tuesday, Feb. 12, to get a free short stack of buttermilk pancakes in honor of National Pancake Day. In return, IHOP asks guests to consider making a donation to support local children’s hospitals through Children’s Miracle Network or other local charities.

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...

University of Miami researchers applaud the scientific inquiry and access to reliable data that accompanies the legalization of cannabis—as four more states recently approved measures, and federal legislation to decriminalize it continues to progress. ...

The prestigious Pan American Art Projects Gallery will donate 25 percent of a virtual, live event to the University Libraries’ parcel. ...

Members of the University of Miami community share their ideas on how to persevere during the pandemic. ...

University and celebrity musicians will participate in a benefit concert on Thanksgiving Day to support the nonprofit organization Nurse Heroes Foundation. ...