Sports Briefs

Baseball
Four Hurricanes earn pre-season honors

The pre-season respect for the Hurricanes’ baseball team did not stop at the polls, as it continued when pre-season All-Americans were named by Baseball America. The Hurricanes led all teams with the three first team selections of juniors Yonder Alonso, Dennis Raben and Jemile Weeks. Junior Blake Tekotte was named to the third team.

Soccer/Volleyball
Hurricanes earn All-ACC Academic Team honors

The University of Miami women’s soccer and volleyball teams continue to excel on and off the field. Recently, five members of the soccer team – seniors Lauren McAdam and Sheuneen Ta and freshmen Brittney Macdonald, Lauren Singer and Brittney Steinbruch – and three members of the volleyball team – senior Ciara Michel, junior Bridget Bomhack and freshman Maria Andersson – were honored with All-ACC Academic team honors.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Miami baseball coach Gino DiMare didn’t want his Hurricanes this past Sunday looking ahead to the we ...

When UM spring practice begins in a month, here’s one of many things the coaches need to determine: ...

Jaiden Francois already had a reputation as one of South Florida’s top defensive backs for the Class ...

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

Prominent music scholar Kyra Gaunt will deliver a talk Friday about her research into the racial opp ...

Students are invited to participate in the second annual Students of Color Symposium this weekend, f ...

At an annual luncheon, University of Miami scholarship recipients connect with the donors who help m ...

From eliminating waste to reusable containers, there are simple steps you can take to make UM more s ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The University of Miami got off to a dream start at the ACC Swimming & Diving Championships Wedn ...

The sophomore first baseman smashed two homers to help power Canes to 4-0 start. ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

The University of Miami track and field team is set to compete at the 2019 ACC Indoor Track and Fiel ...

As has been the case all season, the Miami women's tennis team is top-20 in the Oracle/ITA nati ...