Sports Briefs

Baseball
Four Hurricanes earn pre-season honors

The pre-season respect for the Hurricanes’ baseball team did not stop at the polls, as it continued when pre-season All-Americans were named by Baseball America. The Hurricanes led all teams with the three first team selections of juniors Yonder Alonso, Dennis Raben and Jemile Weeks. Junior Blake Tekotte was named to the third team.

Soccer/Volleyball
Hurricanes earn All-ACC Academic Team honors

The University of Miami women’s soccer and volleyball teams continue to excel on and off the field. Recently, five members of the soccer team – seniors Lauren McAdam and Sheuneen Ta and freshmen Brittney Macdonald, Lauren Singer and Brittney Steinbruch – and three members of the volleyball team – senior Ciara Michel, junior Bridget Bomhack and freshman Maria Andersson – were honored with All-ACC Academic team honors.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Coach Manny Diaz said the quarterback race among Ta ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...