Sports Briefs

Baseball
Four Hurricanes earn pre-season honors

The pre-season respect for the Hurricanes’ baseball team did not stop at the polls, as it continued when pre-season All-Americans were named by Baseball America. The Hurricanes led all teams with the three first team selections of juniors Yonder Alonso, Dennis Raben and Jemile Weeks. Junior Blake Tekotte was named to the third team.

Soccer/Volleyball
Hurricanes earn All-ACC Academic Team honors

The University of Miami women’s soccer and volleyball teams continue to excel on and off the field. Recently, five members of the soccer team – seniors Lauren McAdam and Sheuneen Ta and freshmen Brittney Macdonald, Lauren Singer and Brittney Steinbruch – and three members of the volleyball team – senior Ciara Michel, junior Bridget Bomhack and freshman Maria Andersson – were honored with All-ACC Academic team honors.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

The early signing period is right around the corner and the Miami Hurricanes have plenty of work to ...

We examined where UM stands with defensive recruiting, by position, in this piece. Here’s a look at ...

Lakeland, for the most part, has always been Florida Gators country. Florida has been able to rely o ...

University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz is receiving strong consideration for the head ...

While the University of Miami has just three Class of 2019 oral commitments on offense, the Canes ha ...

UM public relations students unveiled their plans to reposition March for Our Lives to attract colle ...

The answer to that question may impact what happens to the European Union. ...

Most UM Debate Team members devote 10 to 15 hours of preparation for each tournament. ...

National Geographic connects with the University of Miami to empower the next generation of storytel ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...