Power outages hit Coral Gables campus after midnight

POSTED FEB. 13 AT 1:35 A.M.

UPDATE: 2:15 A.M
Power returned by 2 a.m.
Florida Power and Light workers returned power to parts of the campus at around 2 a.m. Wednesday morning, after a disruption to a transformer at the intersection of Merrick Avenue and Walsh Drive.

Power went out in the following locations on the Coral Gables campus around 1 a.m. Wednesday:

-Eaton inside (except for the Department of Residence Hall offices, dorm hallways and exterior flood lights)

-Mahoney inside (except for exterior flood lights)

Hecht-Stanford and Pearson, as well as most other buildings on campus, appeared to have power at the time of posting.

Continue to check TheMiamiHurricane.com for updates.

Greg Linch may be contacted at gregl@miami.edu. Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ secondary continues to get stronger. Miami, which already holds a pair of comm ...

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

A fabulous team of staff and volunteers labors long and hard, primed with school spirit, behind the ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

Senior Dew Weber of the University of Miami golf team continued to march towards her professional go ...

The University of Miami soccer team dropped its ACC road match against NC State, 1-0, Thursday night ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Champion ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team returns to competition this weekend, ...