2008 football schedule announced

The University of Miami released their football schedule Friday afternoon, providing dates and times for all 12 games.
The team will open their season at home, playing their first game at Dolphin Stadium against Division I-AA opponent Charleston Southern. The Buccaneers were 5-6 last season, competing in the Big South conference.
The next week, the Canes will travel to The Swamp to take on the University of Florida, in the first regular-season matchup between the two since 2003, when UF transfer Brock Berlin led Miami to a furious 38-33 comeback win. Miami has not lost to the Gators since 1985.
Miami also travels to Texas A&M to complete a home-and-home agreement with the Aggies, but welcomes Florida State and Virginia Tech to Dolphin Stadium.
Miami concludes the season with a visit to Raleigh, NC to take on North Carolina State. The Wolfpack delivered a crushing 19-16 defeat to the Hurricanes last season in the Orange Bowl.
2008 will be Head Coach Randy Shannon’s second with the team. The Canes finished 5-7 last season, missing a bowl for the first time since 1997.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

While the University of Miami has just three Class of 2019 oral commitments on offense, the Canes ha ...

Gerald Willis’ monster season has earned another piece of national recognition. On Monday, the Miami ...

It hasn’t been a great few weeks on the recruiting trail for the Miami Hurricanes with regards to of ...

A six-pack of Heat notes, leading up to Heat-Lakers on Monday night: ▪ In the days before one of his ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Friday: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt hasn’t yet given any indication to the ...

Most UM Debate Team members devote 10 to 15 hours of preparation for each tournament. ...

National Geographic connects with the University of Miami to empower the next generation of storytel ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

Several UM art students are getting real-world exposure during a highly anticipated – and attended – ...

Over the past several years, more and more students are using UM Libraries as a study place, a meeti ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...

University of Miami redshirt senior defensive tackle Gerald Willis III was recognized for his outsta ...