2008 football schedule announced

The University of Miami released their football schedule Friday afternoon, providing dates and times for all 12 games.
The team will open their season at home, playing their first game at Dolphin Stadium against Division I-AA opponent Charleston Southern. The Buccaneers were 5-6 last season, competing in the Big South conference.
The next week, the Canes will travel to The Swamp to take on the University of Florida, in the first regular-season matchup between the two since 2003, when UF transfer Brock Berlin led Miami to a furious 38-33 comeback win. Miami has not lost to the Gators since 1985.
Miami also travels to Texas A&M to complete a home-and-home agreement with the Aggies, but welcomes Florida State and Virginia Tech to Dolphin Stadium.
Miami concludes the season with a visit to Raleigh, NC to take on North Carolina State. The Wolfpack delivered a crushing 19-16 defeat to the Hurricanes last season in the Orange Bowl.
2008 will be Head Coach Randy Shannon’s second with the team. The Canes finished 5-7 last season, missing a bowl for the first time since 1997.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

Paradise Camp continues to pay dividends for the Miami Hurricanes. As the camp wrapped up Saturday, ...

As Manny Diaz puts it, Paradise Camp is the Miami Hurricanes’ bridge between three generations. It s ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

University of Miami Libraries is working to establish a University archive of LGBTQ materials. ...

University of Miami football players and coaches mentored area youth at a free football clinic in Ho ...

Some scientists fear that the new fifth generation of wireless networks interferes with critical sat ...

A new study led by Miller School professor Dr. Claes Wahlestedt observes that key molecular programs ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias of the University of Miami men's tennis team were selected ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...

Check out the June edition of UM Athletics' e-magazine. ...