2008 football schedule announced

The University of Miami released their football schedule Friday afternoon, providing dates and times for all 12 games.
The team will open their season at home, playing their first game at Dolphin Stadium against Division I-AA opponent Charleston Southern. The Buccaneers were 5-6 last season, competing in the Big South conference.
The next week, the Canes will travel to The Swamp to take on the University of Florida, in the first regular-season matchup between the two since 2003, when UF transfer Brock Berlin led Miami to a furious 38-33 comeback win. Miami has not lost to the Gators since 1985.
Miami also travels to Texas A&M to complete a home-and-home agreement with the Aggies, but welcomes Florida State and Virginia Tech to Dolphin Stadium.
Miami concludes the season with a visit to Raleigh, NC to take on North Carolina State. The Wolfpack delivered a crushing 19-16 defeat to the Hurricanes last season in the Orange Bowl.
2008 will be Head Coach Randy Shannon’s second with the team. The Canes finished 5-7 last season, missing a bowl for the first time since 1997.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...

The University of Miami soccer team closes out action in the Tar Heel state with a match against thi ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami Hurricanes fell in their tri-meet with Georgia Tech and Notre Dame Saturday afternoon, dro ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team impressed in its quad-meet Friday af ...