What’s going on?

TODAY FEB 7
Patio Jams will feature Tavern, a rock band that plays both covers and original material, from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the UC Patio.

Rejuvenate at a meditation workshop, from 12:30 to 1:15 p.m. in the Wellness Center suite. Call (305) 284-5433 to reserve a space. This event is free and open to the public.

Saskia Sassen, a Columbia University professor and leader in the study of cities and globalization, will present “Reassembling the City” in Glasgow Hall of the Jorge M. Perez Architecture Center. Refreshments will be served at 6 p.m. and the lecture will begin at 6:30.

FRIDAY FEB 8
Black History Month festivities continue at the Greek Extravaganza, a night of stepping and entertainment, starting at 8 p.m. in Gusman Concert Hall. Tickets are $15 at the door.

Check out a sneak peak of Vince Vaughn’s Wild West Comedy Show, followed by a raffle and Q & A with two of the comics from the film. This event will take place from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at Cosford Cinema.

SATURDAY FEB 9
Don’t miss three musical student acts, beginning at 1 p.m. at the L. Austin Weeks Center for Recording and Performance.

SUNDAY FEB 10
Join thousands at the Walk Now For Autism event, a walk through Miami to benefit autism. Experience entertainment, refreshments, an autism community resource fair and more. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. at Crandon Park on Key Biscayne. The walk is from 9:30 a.m. till noon.

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...