Vince Vaughn’s ‘wild’ variety show brings comedy, friendships to the big screen

The Wild West Comedy Show is on its way south, and for one night only.

Vince Vaughn’s Wild West Comedy Show: 30 Days and 30 Nights – Hollywood to the Heartland portrays the journey taken by Vince Vaughn, the marquee movie star, and four stand-up comedians across the country as they perform in a live variety show.

Tonight at 9 p.m., the new film will be screened at the Cosford Cinema.

EDGE was able to spend a minute with Bret Ernst, one of the film’s stars. Ernst, Vaughn and stand-up comedians John Caparulo, Ahmed Ahmed and Sebastian Maniscalco, make up the core of the cast.

Ernst’s career has started to gain momentum since 2003, appearing most notably in the hit Showtime series Weeds, as well as Artie Lange’s 2006 movie Beer League.

Ernst spoke about the film, the cast, which also includes Jon Favreau and Justin Long of Accepted, and the experience in a fun and down-to-earth manner, suggesting a lot about the theme of the movie.

According to a press release on the film, one of the goals of the film was for “Vaughn and his team to bring their unique styles and perspectives to regional audiences throughout western, southern and midwestern states.”

“Nothing like this has ever been done before,” said Ernst about the film, describing it as “stand up with a lot of heart to it.”

Wild West shows the four comedians and their own acts, but Ernst stressed that the heart of the movie centers on the friendships between the cast members.

The comedian, who happens to be a huge Hurricane football fan, said that everyone in the cast is best of friends, and described the tour simply as “Spring Break for 30-year-olds.”

When asked about the film’s audience, Ernst said that the Wild West Comedy Show is targeted at any and all.

“Everybody loves Vince, and everybody loves stand up,” he said.

Thomas Murphy may be reached at t.murphy6@umiami.edu.

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...