What’s going on?

TODAY Feb. 4

Celebrate the start of Canes Career Week at the Dress to Impress Kick Off. Enjoy free fashion advice, resume critiquing and general career advice from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the UC Rock. This event will offer free food and giveaways for attendees.

Professor Arnold Eisen, newly elected chancellor of the Jewish Theological Seminary, will present The Seventh Annual Robert Russell Memorial Foundation lecture on commandment, community and the future of American Jewry. This event will take place from 7:30 to 10 p.m. at The Miller Center in the Merrick Building. Refreshments will be served.

TUESDAY Feb. 5

Hang out at Twisted Tuesdays, featuring capoeira and flamenco dancing, from 5 to 7p.m. at the Rat.

WEDNESDAY Feb. 6

Happy Bob Marley Day! Events will be taking place throughout the day at the UC.

What would happen if the sun was destroyed? Come watch “Sunshine,” a sci-fi film that explores this scenario, showing at 8 and 10 p.m. in the Cosford Cinema.

Men’s basketball will face off against the Florida State Seminoles at 7:30 p.m. at the BankUnited Center. Admission is free for students with a Cane Card. All others call 305-284-CANES for ticket information.

Philip Glass will perform a series of opera excerpts tonight at 8:00 p.m. in the Maurice Gusman Concert Hall. Admission is free.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ secondary continues to get stronger. Miami, which already holds a pair of comm ...

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

A fabulous team of staff and volunteers labors long and hard, primed with school spirit, behind the ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

Senior Dew Weber of the University of Miami golf team continued to march towards her professional go ...

The University of Miami soccer team dropped its ACC road match against NC State, 1-0, Thursday night ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Champion ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team returns to competition this weekend, ...