Rambo is ultra-violent, Natasha Bedingfield significantly less so

Rambo’s High Expectations Fall Short

Sylvester Stallone crams as much violence as possible into an hour-and-a-half film in an age of computer graphics when anything is possible. This eventually amounts to a montage of beheadings, gut-spilling and explosive body parts. Which is great, if that’s all you want from a film, because in Stallone’s take on Rambo that’s all you will get. The characters are two-dimensional to the extent that one hardly feels any sympathy for their inevitable bloody demise. The only feelings being stirred are horror and slight nausea. The film hardly does justice to the character that Stallone made famous in the ’80s and will be a disappointment to those who looked forward to a loyal sequel.

“Pocketful of Sunshine” is jam-packed with Light-Hearted Hits

Natasha Bedingfield’s new album adheres to her usual formula of upbeat, fresh tunes and is clearly set to be the new album you reach for when driving with the top down. “Love Like This” is easily recognizable as the catchy number of the album thanks to Sean Kingston’s refreshing contribution. Tracks such as “Freckles” and “Happy” are perfect for lying by the pool, whilst a more downbeat track like “Soulmate,” as more of a ballad, is still a viable sing-a-long type of track. There is a treat to be found in the acoustic remake of “Unwritten” and fans of the original version will not be disappointed. This is an album not to be taken too seriously but to be enjoyed when the sun is streaming through the window and a day at the beach is on the agenda.

“Juno” Soundtrack lives up to its cinematic counterpart

The movie’s quirky soundtrack is a perfect reflection of the popular indie film. Fans of the film will enjoy an album that reminds them of all of their favorite parts of the movie. The album is dominated by the folksy Kimya Dawson, who shows extreme similarity to new British import Kate Nash. Dawson’s tracks refuse to settle into any one genre, much as Ellen Page’s character resists conformity in the film. With recognizable tunes such as “Tire Swing” and “Anyone Else But You” the soundtrack is as uplifting and lovable as its cinematic counterpart. Those who loved “Juno” will not fail to embrace the awkward optimism of its soundtrack.

Kat Maher can be contacted at k.maher1@umiami.edu. Rene Basulto may be contacted at r.basulto@umiami.edu.

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Former University of Miami football and NFL star player Jonathan Vilma made a splash in South Florid ...

University of Miami tailback/fullback Trayone Gray, a popular fifth-year senior out of Miami Carol C ...

When Mother’s Day came around back in May, Keontra Smith knew it was time to unveil his college comm ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

The Canes defense is full of big names like Shaq Quarterman and Jaquan Johnson, but these players ha ...

Quick Hits gives University of Miami volleyball fans an inside scoop on the latest additions to the ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...

The University of Miami volleyball program reported for training on Tuesday, officially beginning pr ...