Sports Briefs

Swimming and Diving
Canes take tri-meet

Florida Gulf Coast and Florida International University proved to be no match for the University of Miami Hurricanes, as Miami defeated both teams in a tri-meet, 169-70 and 167-63, respectively. Ryann Labreche, Britta Boesing and Annika Saarnak all came up big for the Canes, as they swam away with two individual victories apiece. The Hurricanes were able to secure victories in all but two events.

Women’s Tennis
Hurricanes win easily

The No. 11 Miami Hurricanes women’s tennis team ran away with a 7-0 victory over Florida Atlantic University. Laura Vallverdu and Romy Farah both recorded 6-0, 6-0 victories in singles competition, and no Hurricane dropped more than two games in any single set, as they all cruised to secure straight set victories.

Baseball
Another top-15 ranking

The University of Miami baseball team racked up their fourth top-15 preseason ranking, as they have now been ranked as No. 14 by the USA Today/ESPN Coaches poll. The Hurricanes have also been ranked No. 14 by Collegiate Baseball. They were ranked as No. 12 by the National Collegiate Baseball Writer’s Association and No. 10 by Baseball America.

Women’s Soccer
Steinbruch invited to join national team

Miami Hurricanes’ freshman forward Brittney Steinbruch has been invited to join the United States Under-20 Women’s Soccer National Team training camp. United States Head Coach Jillian Ellis has currently invited 26 players to camp.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com. Written by Pravin Patel.

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...