Sports Briefs

Swimming and Diving
Canes take tri-meet

Florida Gulf Coast and Florida International University proved to be no match for the University of Miami Hurricanes, as Miami defeated both teams in a tri-meet, 169-70 and 167-63, respectively. Ryann Labreche, Britta Boesing and Annika Saarnak all came up big for the Canes, as they swam away with two individual victories apiece. The Hurricanes were able to secure victories in all but two events.

Women’s Tennis
Hurricanes win easily

The No. 11 Miami Hurricanes women’s tennis team ran away with a 7-0 victory over Florida Atlantic University. Laura Vallverdu and Romy Farah both recorded 6-0, 6-0 victories in singles competition, and no Hurricane dropped more than two games in any single set, as they all cruised to secure straight set victories.

Baseball
Another top-15 ranking

The University of Miami baseball team racked up their fourth top-15 preseason ranking, as they have now been ranked as No. 14 by the USA Today/ESPN Coaches poll. The Hurricanes have also been ranked No. 14 by Collegiate Baseball. They were ranked as No. 12 by the National Collegiate Baseball Writer’s Association and No. 10 by Baseball America.

Women’s Soccer
Steinbruch invited to join national team

Miami Hurricanes’ freshman forward Brittney Steinbruch has been invited to join the United States Under-20 Women’s Soccer National Team training camp. United States Head Coach Jillian Ellis has currently invited 26 players to camp.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com. Written by Pravin Patel.

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...