Sports Briefs

Swimming and Diving
Canes take tri-meet

Florida Gulf Coast and Florida International University proved to be no match for the University of Miami Hurricanes, as Miami defeated both teams in a tri-meet, 169-70 and 167-63, respectively. Ryann Labreche, Britta Boesing and Annika Saarnak all came up big for the Canes, as they swam away with two individual victories apiece. The Hurricanes were able to secure victories in all but two events.

Women’s Tennis
Hurricanes win easily

The No. 11 Miami Hurricanes women’s tennis team ran away with a 7-0 victory over Florida Atlantic University. Laura Vallverdu and Romy Farah both recorded 6-0, 6-0 victories in singles competition, and no Hurricane dropped more than two games in any single set, as they all cruised to secure straight set victories.

Baseball
Another top-15 ranking

The University of Miami baseball team racked up their fourth top-15 preseason ranking, as they have now been ranked as No. 14 by the USA Today/ESPN Coaches poll. The Hurricanes have also been ranked No. 14 by Collegiate Baseball. They were ranked as No. 12 by the National Collegiate Baseball Writer’s Association and No. 10 by Baseball America.

Women’s Soccer
Steinbruch invited to join national team

Miami Hurricanes’ freshman forward Brittney Steinbruch has been invited to join the United States Under-20 Women’s Soccer National Team training camp. United States Head Coach Jillian Ellis has currently invited 26 players to camp.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com. Written by Pravin Patel.

One of the reasons Manny Diaz overhauled his recruiting department when he took over as UM’s coach i ...

Connor McLaughlin never gave much thought to the Miami Hurricanes when he was younger. Even though h ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ 2020 recruiting class continues to grow. Three-star Deerfield Beach wide recei ...

Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood has produced some distinguished alums, including ESPN (and Miami Hera ...

Columbus was a popular destination for coaches throughout the first full week of May this spring. On ...

Academics met at the University of Miami to plan the next phase of a study looking at how journalist ...

Former University of Miami student Elio M. Garcia, Jr. and his wife Linda Antonsson discuss their jo ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are using big data to identify affordable housing opportuniti ...

From office furniture to electronics to kitchen items, the University of Miami sells surplus propert ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are studying zebrafish to understand human genetics and ident ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team secured her spot in the NCAA ...

Six members of the Miami track and field team earned a spot at the 2019 NCAA Outdoor Championships i ...

Former Miami women's basketball standout Emese Hof will begin her overseas professional career ...

It took extra innings, but the Canes dropped their final game of pool play at the 2019 ACC Baseball ...

The Student-Athlete Development department has grown in size and scope and become an integral part o ...