Sports Briefs

Swimming and Diving
Canes take tri-meet

Florida Gulf Coast and Florida International University proved to be no match for the University of Miami Hurricanes, as Miami defeated both teams in a tri-meet, 169-70 and 167-63, respectively. Ryann Labreche, Britta Boesing and Annika Saarnak all came up big for the Canes, as they swam away with two individual victories apiece. The Hurricanes were able to secure victories in all but two events.

Women’s Tennis
Hurricanes win easily

The No. 11 Miami Hurricanes women’s tennis team ran away with a 7-0 victory over Florida Atlantic University. Laura Vallverdu and Romy Farah both recorded 6-0, 6-0 victories in singles competition, and no Hurricane dropped more than two games in any single set, as they all cruised to secure straight set victories.

Baseball
Another top-15 ranking

The University of Miami baseball team racked up their fourth top-15 preseason ranking, as they have now been ranked as No. 14 by the USA Today/ESPN Coaches poll. The Hurricanes have also been ranked No. 14 by Collegiate Baseball. They were ranked as No. 12 by the National Collegiate Baseball Writer’s Association and No. 10 by Baseball America.

Women’s Soccer
Steinbruch invited to join national team

Miami Hurricanes’ freshman forward Brittney Steinbruch has been invited to join the United States Under-20 Women’s Soccer National Team training camp. United States Head Coach Jillian Ellis has currently invited 26 players to camp.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com. Written by Pravin Patel.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ secondary continues to get stronger. Miami, which already holds a pair of comm ...

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

A fabulous team of staff and volunteers labors long and hard, primed with school spirit, behind the ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The global exploration, media, and education company will kick off a national campaign at UM to offe ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Champion ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team returns to competition this weekend, ...

The University of Miami volleyball team is set to host Clemson and Georgia Tech in the first of four ...

Four members of the Miami women's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Cham ...