Police Beat

Pick up the paper every Thursday to read the Public Safety call log.

For further information on any of these services, visit Public Safety’s website at www.miami.edu/publicsafety, or contact the Crime Prevention Office at (305) 284-1105.

If you are a victim of a crime, call the Department of Public Safety at 305-284-6666 or if calling from a campus phone dial 8-6666.

THURSDAY JANUARY 24
N/A Burglary 1216 Dickinson Drive

FRIDAY JANUARY 25
N/A Theft Eaton Residential College?
N/A Arrest for robbery Richter Library

N/A. Burglary 1216 Dickinson Drive

SATURDAY JANUARY 26
2:16 a.m. Intoxication Hecht Athletic Enter

MONDAY JANUARY 28
N/A Burglary Pearson Residential College

N/A Burglary Woolfson

TUESDAY JANUARY 29
2:00 a.m. Criminal Mischief Eaton Residential College

An asynchronous learning model provided an opportunity to create a hands-on process with a three-dimensional approach for a fall class. ...

Claire Paris-Limouzy started freediving for research and ended up becoming a record-breaking athlete who is also spearheading a Scientific Freediving program at the University. ...

Sociology scholars from around the world convened for a virtual conference hosted by the University of Miami on Thursday to explore shifting tendencies in international relocation and the implications for global social change. ...

Lauryn Williams, track and field and bobsled medalist, addressed the University community during Wednesday night’s “What Matters to U” virtual event. ...

During his appearance Tuesday on a webinar hosted by the University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School, tech mogul Eric Yuan highlighted the importance of a workplace culture of happiness and urged that businesses pay greater attention to the digital divide. ...