Be suspicious of amateur ob/gyns

Dear Hurriqueen,

My roommate is in medical school and during finals last semester he asked me to help him study. He told me that he had a lab practical where he had to identify anatomical parts on a female cadaver. namely the nether regions. I had a glass of wine to loosen up (no pun intended) and agreed to let him use me as practice. I lay down on the couch naked and we played a more mature and less innocent version of the “doctor” game that kids play.

Afterwards I felt kind of creeped out and asked my other friend (who was in my roommates’ “anatomy class”) what the lab entailed and he had no idea what I was talking about and said that my roommate must have made it up.

I feel like I did something wrong, even though it’s clear that he was dishonest with me. Do I confront him and, if so, what the hell am I supposed to say?

~Groped on her couch

Dear Reader,

I pray your roommate isn’t studying to be a gynecologist. He’s the last person I’d want near my vajayjay – if I had one.

Jokes aside, this guy sounds like a major perv, like the type of guy who needs a visit from your older brother and some of his football buddies. But allow me to make myself clear: I don’t think any sort of confrontation is the right route to take here. And that includes approaching him for discussion.

I mean, what’s the best excuse he’d come up with? “I guess I didn’t need to study your anatomy, but I felt it would enhance my educational experience”? We both know any excuse is going to be bullshit and only serve the purpose of making you feel even more uncomfortable.

The solution? Get out of your living arrangement as soon as possible. I’m not saying you should drop this paper on the ground and dart home to pack your bags. Rather, find someone you trust and can talk to about this, be it a psychologist, counselor, or parent. Have them help you evaluate the situation and your safety. From there, determine your other living options. If you can’t get out of your current living situation immediately, try to find someone to stay with or someone who can stay with you so you feel safe.

But whatever you do, please get out. Better be safe than groped again. or worse.

Keep me updated.

XOXO,

The Hurriqueen.

Send questions to
Hurriqueen@gmail.com. He’ll get to them, if he feels like it.

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

NASPA names UM as a Lead Advisory Institution for the seventh year in a row. ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

Junior Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team opened the 2018 fall campaign fo ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will return to the courts Friday morning, opening up ...

The University of Miami soccer team fell to 12th-ranked Duke, 2-0, Thursday night in front a packed ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...