I think, therefore I am at Café Philo

A croissant, some coffee and a conundrum.. This is Café Philo, a setting for debate and analysis that a University of Miami philosophy professor recently transported from Paris to Las Olas Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale.

The mix of caffeine and conversation is designed to stir up discussion among strangers and make philosophy accessible to all by reviving the Socratic period in Athens.

Gale Prawda, Café Philo moderator and adjunct philosophy professor, explained that the café is a “means to express ideas outside of an academic context.”In 1992, Marc Sautet, a French philosopher, started Café Philo in Paris with several of his friends as a means of discussing issues of the day.

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...