Hate, perception subjects of Leadership Summit

COACHING LIFE: Dr. Mark Vickers, a keynote speaker at last Saturday’s Leadership Summit, talks to student leaders about the dangers of hate.

More than 300 student leaders attended the event, hosted by the Butler Center for Service and Leadership. Students from multiple organizations and affiliations gathered from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to network, discuss leadership topics and listen to presentations by two keynote speakers: Vickers, a professional life coach, and Jose “Pepi” Diaz, a UM and Columbia Law graduate who spoke about the importance of perception.

An asynchronous learning model provided an opportunity to create a hands-on process with a three-dimensional approach for a fall class. ...

Claire Paris-Limouzy started freediving for research and ended up becoming a record-breaking athlete who is also spearheading a Scientific Freediving program at the University. ...

Sociology scholars from around the world convened for a virtual conference hosted by the University of Miami on Thursday to explore shifting tendencies in international relocation and the implications for global social change. ...

Lauryn Williams, track and field and bobsled medalist, addressed the University community during Wednesday night’s “What Matters to U” virtual event. ...

During his appearance Tuesday on a webinar hosted by the University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School, tech mogul Eric Yuan highlighted the importance of a workplace culture of happiness and urged that businesses pay greater attention to the digital divide. ...