What’s going on?

JANUARY 17: TODAY

Patio Jams will feature Right On Winona!, a Seattle-based indie rock band, from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the UC Patio.

JANUARY 18: FRIDAY

The Miami International Film Festival will feature “The Inner Life of Martin Frost,” followed by a discussion with the author, from 7:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Cosford Cinema.

Movies on the Green will screen “Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix” and “The Bourne Ultimatum” from 8 p.m. to 11:45 p.m. on the University Green.

JANUARY 19: SATURDAY

Leadership Summit 2008, a professional conference for UM students seeking to develop leadership skills, will take place from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Butler SLC.

The 57th Annual Beaux Arts Festival of Art, featuring over 250 artists, will take place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at various locations on campus.

JANUARY 20: SUNDAY

The Miami Jewish Film Festival will begin at 11 a.m. at Cosford Cinema.

Winter Jam, featuring Christian contemporary acts and guest speaker Tony Nolan, will begin at 6 p.m. at the BankUnited Center. Tickets are $10 at the door.

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...

University of Miami researchers applaud the scientific inquiry and access to reliable data that accompanies the legalization of cannabis—as four more states recently approved measures, and federal legislation to decriminalize it continues to progress. ...

The prestigious Pan American Art Projects Gallery will donate 25 percent of a virtual, live event to the University Libraries’ parcel. ...

Members of the University of Miami community share their ideas on how to persevere during the pandemic. ...

University and celebrity musicians will participate in a benefit concert on Thanksgiving Day to support the nonprofit organization Nurse Heroes Foundation. ...