Report: Kansas’ Young to be defensive coordinator

POSTED JAN. 18 AT 12:02 A.M.

University of Kansas defensive coordinator Bill Young will be the next coordinator at the University of Miami, the Lawrence (Kan.) Journal-World reported Thursday.

Young’s Jayhawk defense was ranked fifth overall, according to Yahoo Sports, spearheading them to victory against Virginia Tech in the FedEx Orange Bowl.

Young, hired at Kansas in December 2002, will replace Tim Walton, who was relieved of his duties by Head Coach Randy Shannon following the 2007 season – his first after being promoted from defensive backs coach.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Hurricanes hosted their annual Football Awards Show Saturday at Gusman Hall, honoring the 2018 S ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...