BEST OF VIDEO GAMES: Wannabe musicians make ‘Rock Band’ rule in 2007

“Bioshock”
Even while it touched on free will and morality, “Bioshock” still fired up the action and horror that mesmerized anyone who dived into the underwater dystopia of Rapture.

“Super Mario Galaxy”
Gaming’s original superstar returned in this spectacular outing that rivaled the revolutionary “Super Mario 64.”

“Portal”
This short but hilarious first-person puzzle game was the biggest surprise of “The Orange Box” collection.
“Rock Band”
Despite a price of $169, “Rock Band” perfectly simulated the rock star experience, especially when playing with friends.

“Halo 3”
Surrounded by hype, the immensely popular “Halo” trilogy finale still delivered when it came to multiplayer and online play.

What 2008 Will Bring

“Super Smash Bros. Brawl”
Now with Sonic the Hedgehog and online battles, this party favorite might be the only game Wii owners will ever need.

“Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots”
An aging Solid Snake will sneak through open battles across the world to finally answer the series’ long-standing questions.

“Grand Theft Auto IV”
The always controversial “Grand Theft Auto” series looks to reassert its place at the top with a grand crime story.

“Spore”
Will Wright, the genius behind “The Sims,” now wants to let players evolve a simple organism into whatever they wish.

“Fallout 3”
This post-apocalyptic RPG franchise is spreading to consoles with the developers of “The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion” at the helm.

Rene Basulto may be contacted at r.basulto@umiami.edu.

While the University of Miami has just three Class of 2019 oral commitments on offense, the Canes ha ...

Gerald Willis’ monster season has earned another piece of national recognition. On Monday, the Miami ...

It hasn’t been a great few weeks on the recruiting trail for the Miami Hurricanes with regards to of ...

A six-pack of Heat notes, leading up to Heat-Lakers on Monday night: ▪ In the days before one of his ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Friday: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt hasn’t yet given any indication to the ...

Most UM Debate Team members devote 10 to 15 hours of preparation for each tournament. ...

National Geographic connects with the University of Miami to empower the next generation of storytel ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

Several UM art students are getting real-world exposure during a highly anticipated – and attended – ...

Over the past several years, more and more students are using UM Libraries as a study place, a meeti ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...

University of Miami redshirt senior defensive tackle Gerald Willis III was recognized for his outsta ...