BEST OF VIDEO GAMES: Wannabe musicians make ‘Rock Band’ rule in 2007

“Bioshock”
Even while it touched on free will and morality, “Bioshock” still fired up the action and horror that mesmerized anyone who dived into the underwater dystopia of Rapture.

“Super Mario Galaxy”
Gaming’s original superstar returned in this spectacular outing that rivaled the revolutionary “Super Mario 64.”

“Portal”
This short but hilarious first-person puzzle game was the biggest surprise of “The Orange Box” collection.
“Rock Band”
Despite a price of $169, “Rock Band” perfectly simulated the rock star experience, especially when playing with friends.

“Halo 3”
Surrounded by hype, the immensely popular “Halo” trilogy finale still delivered when it came to multiplayer and online play.

What 2008 Will Bring

“Super Smash Bros. Brawl”
Now with Sonic the Hedgehog and online battles, this party favorite might be the only game Wii owners will ever need.

“Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots”
An aging Solid Snake will sneak through open battles across the world to finally answer the series’ long-standing questions.

“Grand Theft Auto IV”
The always controversial “Grand Theft Auto” series looks to reassert its place at the top with a grand crime story.

“Spore”
Will Wright, the genius behind “The Sims,” now wants to let players evolve a simple organism into whatever they wish.

“Fallout 3”
This post-apocalyptic RPG franchise is spreading to consoles with the developers of “The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion” at the helm.

Rene Basulto may be contacted at r.basulto@umiami.edu.

Romello Height already had a top five publicly revealed when the Miami Hurricanes finally stepped in ...

Mark Pope knows his freshman year with the Miami Hurricanes didn’t play out the way it was supposed ...

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

Some scientists fear that the new fifth generation of wireless networks interferes with critical sat ...

A new study led by Miller School professor Dr. Claes Wahlestedt observes that key molecular programs ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

Jackie Lippincott, Autumn Kramer and Meredith Costello were among the 61 student-athletes named to t ...

Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova of the University of Miami women's golf team were selecte ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...