BEST OF VIDEO GAMES: Wannabe musicians make ‘Rock Band’ rule in 2007

“Bioshock”
Even while it touched on free will and morality, “Bioshock” still fired up the action and horror that mesmerized anyone who dived into the underwater dystopia of Rapture.

“Super Mario Galaxy”
Gaming’s original superstar returned in this spectacular outing that rivaled the revolutionary “Super Mario 64.”

“Portal”
This short but hilarious first-person puzzle game was the biggest surprise of “The Orange Box” collection.
“Rock Band”
Despite a price of $169, “Rock Band” perfectly simulated the rock star experience, especially when playing with friends.

“Halo 3”
Surrounded by hype, the immensely popular “Halo” trilogy finale still delivered when it came to multiplayer and online play.

What 2008 Will Bring

“Super Smash Bros. Brawl”
Now with Sonic the Hedgehog and online battles, this party favorite might be the only game Wii owners will ever need.

“Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots”
An aging Solid Snake will sneak through open battles across the world to finally answer the series’ long-standing questions.

“Grand Theft Auto IV”
The always controversial “Grand Theft Auto” series looks to reassert its place at the top with a grand crime story.

“Spore”
Will Wright, the genius behind “The Sims,” now wants to let players evolve a simple organism into whatever they wish.

“Fallout 3”
This post-apocalyptic RPG franchise is spreading to consoles with the developers of “The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion” at the helm.

Rene Basulto may be contacted at r.basulto@umiami.edu.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ secondary continues to get stronger. Miami, which already holds a pair of comm ...

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

A fabulous team of staff and volunteers labors long and hard, primed with school spirit, behind the ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

Senior Dew Weber of the University of Miami golf team continued to march towards her professional go ...

The University of Miami soccer team dropped its ACC road match against NC State, 1-0, Thursday night ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Champion ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team returns to competition this weekend, ...