What’s going on?

November 29: Today

Patio Jams will feature The Legendary JC’s, a soulful rock/blues band, from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the UC Patio.

Aids Around The World Week will provide free food, interactive activities, arts and crafts and vendors from World Vision and Hands on Miami from noon to 2 p.m. at the UC Rock.

Domino Tournament and Cigar Night, hosted by Students United for a Free Cuba, will offer free cigars, food and information on political prisoners at 7 p.m. on the UC Patio.

November 30: Friday

Patio Jams will feature Tavern, a rock band that plays both covers and original material. The event will take place from 3 to 5 p.m. at the UC Patio.

The Miami Short Film Festival, presented by UM’s School of Communication, will screen ten films beginning at 6 p.m. at Cosford Cinema.

December 1: Saturday

The Miami Short Film Festival will screen nine films at 2 p.m. and another nine films at 5 p.m. at Cosford Cinema.

The Cuba Transition Project will present “Cuba: What to Expect,” an all-day seminar featuring a speech by U.S. Secretary of Commerce Carlos Gutiérrez at the Westin Colonnade Coral Gables Hotel from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. This event is free for UM students, faculty and staff.

December 2: Sunday

The Frost School of Music will present the Frost Choral Union at the 15th Annual Holiday Dinner at Parrot Jungle Island.

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...

University of Miami researchers applaud the scientific inquiry and access to reliable data that accompanies the legalization of cannabis—as four more states recently approved measures, and federal legislation to decriminalize it continues to progress. ...

The prestigious Pan American Art Projects Gallery will donate 25 percent of a virtual, live event to the University Libraries’ parcel. ...

Members of the University of Miami community share their ideas on how to persevere during the pandemic. ...

University and celebrity musicians will participate in a benefit concert on Thanksgiving Day to support the nonprofit organization Nurse Heroes Foundation. ...