Three charged in Taylor killing

POSTED DEC. 1 AT 1:20 A.M.
UPDATED DEC. 1 AT 6:40 P.M.

Three men were charged with burglary and murder Satuday, and one more is expected to face charges tomorrow in connection with the murder of Sean Taylor, The Miami Herald reported.

The Herald also reported the followed:

Venjah Hunte, 20, Eric Rivera, 17, and Charles Wardlow, 18, were all charged with felony murder, home invasion and armed burglary.

Rivera appeared in a Ft. Myers courtroom to hear the charges; Hunte and Wardlow appeared via video phone from jail.

The four could be moved to Miami — where they would be tried — as soon as Sunday, said John Evans, Wardlow’s lawyer.

More than one confession came out during questioning on Friday, Miami-Dade police director Robert Parker was quoted as saying. However, it is not yet known who pulled the trigger Monday morning.

That appears to be irrelevant, though, because Florida law says that any participant in a felony that leads to a death can be charged with murder.

None of the suspects have extensive criminal backgrounds, with most of their arrests coming from drug violations. It appears some of the men may have actually known Taylor. It was reported that Jason Mitchell had done household chores, such as lawnmowing, for Taylor in the past.

Parker said the men were attempting to rob Taylor’s house and did not expect for him to be home, downplaying theories that the attack on Taylor was premeditated and intended as payback.

Taylor, a Washington Redskins and former Miami Hurricanes safety, died Monday at Jackson Memorial Hospital as a result of massive blood loss from the gunshot wound, which severed his femoral artery.

Continue to check with TheMiamiHurricane.com for updates.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Mark Richt is sticking with the veteran. The Miami Hurricanes coach announced during the weekly Atla ...

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

For the second straight year, all of the Miami women's basketball teams will be televised and f ...

The University of Miami soccer team heads to the Tar Heel state for a pair of road matches beginning ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...