WEIRD NEWS

Costly indulgence

Famous for its desserts and featured appearance in a John Cusack movie, aptly named “Serendipity,” New York’s Serendipity 3’s latest creation, The Frrrozen Haute Chocolate tops their menu with a $25,000 price tag. Made with truffle shavings; five grams of 24-carat, edible gold; the richest cocoa made from 14 different countries; and served in a goblet adorned with one carat of diamonds, its no wonder that Guinness World Records have crowned The Frrrozen Haute Chocolate as the most expensive dessert in the world, according to CBS News.

There’s A Snake In My Tub.

Or 87, if your name is Jackie Bibby, the “Texas Snake Man.” In order to break yet another world record, Bibby took a 45-minute bath with 87 rattlesnakes. Bibby assured that none of them bit him despite the fact that they still contained their venom and had not been defanged. This wildly surpasses the former record of 12 snakes in a bath, which was set by Bibby himself. CBS News confirmed that a Guinness official certified the record this week.

– Compiled by Merika Vine

Lots of nuggets on new UM quarterback Tate Martell, the fallout and Jarren Williams’ reaction: ▪ Whe ...

Katie Meier is a legend at Duke. Her photo hangs in the concourse at Cameron Indoor Arena. She was t ...

New University of Miami head coach Manny Diaz was asked on the radio the morning after he was hired, ...

Jalen Hurts is off the market — and he’s not making his way to South Florida. The former Alabama Cri ...

For three years earlier this decade, Marlins Park would masquerade as a football venue at least once ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

The film launches the 2019 film series for the UM Libraries Cuban Heritage Collection. ...

Here’s a go-to list of dates you should keep an eye on throughout the semester, along with some tidb ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

The University of Miami football program has hired Dan Enos as its offensive coordinator and quarter ...