WEIRD NEWS

Costly indulgence

Famous for its desserts and featured appearance in a John Cusack movie, aptly named “Serendipity,” New York’s Serendipity 3’s latest creation, The Frrrozen Haute Chocolate tops their menu with a $25,000 price tag. Made with truffle shavings; five grams of 24-carat, edible gold; the richest cocoa made from 14 different countries; and served in a goblet adorned with one carat of diamonds, its no wonder that Guinness World Records have crowned The Frrrozen Haute Chocolate as the most expensive dessert in the world, according to CBS News.

There’s A Snake In My Tub.

Or 87, if your name is Jackie Bibby, the “Texas Snake Man.” In order to break yet another world record, Bibby took a 45-minute bath with 87 rattlesnakes. Bibby assured that none of them bit him despite the fact that they still contained their venom and had not been defanged. This wildly surpasses the former record of 12 snakes in a bath, which was set by Bibby himself. CBS News confirmed that a Guinness official certified the record this week.

– Compiled by Merika Vine

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

NASPA names UM as a Lead Advisory Institution for the seventh year in a row. ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

Junior Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team opened the 2018 fall campaign fo ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will return to the courts Friday morning, opening up ...

The University of Miami soccer team fell to 12th-ranked Duke, 2-0, Thursday night in front a packed ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...