REPORT CARD: MIAMI VS. VA TECH

Quarterbacks: C

The passing game wasn’t an albatross? And Miami still got crushed? Yes, despite Kyle Wright’s three turnovers, he went 21-for-36 with 215 yards. Not too shabby. Not something to highlight either. Wright still needs a win over Boston College in order to avoid the stigma of being the quarterback of the team that snapped the bowl streak.

Running Backs: F

Absolutely awful. Certainly the O-line is to blame as well, but Javarris James and Derron Thomas combined for 12 yards – 12. In order for Miami to have any kind of success, the running game has to show up big time. On Saturday, they didn’t show up at all.

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends: D

Kyle Wright made more solid passes Saturday than his completion total shows. His receivers dropped more than a few, like usual. Sam Shields had a pretty good game. Welcome to the 2007 season. Everyone else was forgettable.

Offensive Line: F

If the running game stalls out, and the quarterback gets sacked five times, there’s only one place to look. The O-line just didn’t get the job done, as that famed Hokie D-line ate them up all day. They appeared to have it together earlier this season, but the fa

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Coach Manny Diaz said the quarterback race among Ta ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...