Hardball canceled for Nov. 26, 27

POSTED NOV. 19 AT 12:27 P.M.

The following message was sent out Monday morning in a special edition of Ibis News:

The Hardball College Tour with Chris Matthews, which was set to come to UM on November 26 and 27, has been cancelled due to talent scheduling issues at MSNBC. They are working to reschedule new dates at the University for early 2008. The new dates will be announced as soon as they are confirmed.

The e-mail also announced the following regarding tickets for the Destino 2008 GOP candidate forum:

Ticket distribution will be held next week for Destino 2008, the Republican presidential candidates forum being presented by the University and Univision on Sunday, December 9 at 6:30 p.m. at the BankUnited Center on the Coral Gables campus. Doors open at 5 p.m. This is a live broadcast and attendees should arrive early due to increased security measures.

Tickets will be available to students only on Tuesday and Wednesday, November 27 and 28. Any remaining tickets will be available to faculty, staff, and students on Thursday and Friday, November 29 and 30. Tickets will be distributed from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on all days. Tickets are required and are available on a first-come, first-served basis to the UM community only. Limit of one ticket per person. Present your ‘Cane Card ID at one of the following ticket distribution locations:

Coral Gables Campus
University Center, Information Desk
School of Law, Dean of Students, Room A-212 (law school students, faculty, and staff only)

Rosenstiel School Campus
Graduate Studies, S-A 132 (RSMAS students, faculty, and staff only)

Miller School Campus
Medical Students: Office of Student Affairs, RMSB, Room 2099
Graduate Students: Office of Graduate Studies, RMSB, Room 6005
Faculty and Staff: Community Relations, RMSB, Room 1125

The Republican candidates participating in the forum, which will focus on issues of interest to the Hispanic community, are former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani, Congressman Duncan Hunter, U.S. Senator John McCain, Congressman Ron Paul, former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, and former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson.

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...