A slice of chocolate heaven

After rounding the corner of the elevator, the smells of chocolate pour into your nostrils, and the soft yellow lights guide you to what surely seems to be heaven. Every Friday and Saturday night, The Four Seasons Hotel Miami hosts a decadent chocolate tapas bar that will leave even the most ardent chocolate lover begging for mercy.

The buffet of desserts sits on a long table, with tiers of different choices and soft candles scattered in between. In the center is a large chocolate fountain, complete with baskets of marshmallows, strawberries, cookies and Rice Krispies treats for dipping. Each dessert looks hand-made, crafted especially for you, many with flecks of edible gold garnished on top. My advice is to start at one end of the table and work your way down because, try as you might, you won’t be able to fit them all on one plate.

The first thing that caught my eye was the chocolate cream, a small espresso-sized cup of what seemed like chocolate pudding with whipped cream and a thin chocolate garnish on top (which I also ate first). Peeking through at the back of the table, I noticed a small electric incubator, keeping the small, but heavenly molten chocolate cakes warm.

At first, I turned my nose up to the chocolate passion fruit, but after both the chef and my waitress told me it was their favorite, I had to try it for myself – and they were definitely right. The passion fruit came off very strong, so if you’re one of those people who doesn’t like to mix business with pleasure, this one’s not for you.

This buffet has something for everyone to love, whether it’s the milk chocolate caramelized dome (amazing), or the raspberry upside down tort. Don’t leave without trying my favorite, the Colombian coffee Napoleon, a rich combination of coffee-flavored mousse sandwiched between both soft and hardened chocolate. And before you do anything, make sure to order a tall glass of milk-you’re going to need it.

Where: Four Seasons Hotel Miami 1435 Brickell Avenue, Acqua Lounge

When: Every Friday and Saturday from 9pm to midnight

Price: $21/person

Ashley Guistolisi may be contacted at a.guistolisi@umiami.edu.

The Asa Martin era for the Miami Hurricanes might be coming to an end just six months after it began ...

Avantae Williams and Lorenzo Lingard punctuated Paradise Camp with a chest bump. The Miami Hurricane ...

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

Alumna Lauren Crotty reflects on her undergraduate experience and the path that lead her to signing ...

The U.S. women’s national soccer team, competing for the World Cup in France, is entrenched in a cou ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

University of Miami Libraries is working to establish a University archive of LGBTQ materials. ...

University of Miami football players and coaches mentored area youth at a free football clinic in Ho ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...

Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias of the University of Miami men's tennis team were selected ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...