A slice of chocolate heaven

After rounding the corner of the elevator, the smells of chocolate pour into your nostrils, and the soft yellow lights guide you to what surely seems to be heaven. Every Friday and Saturday night, The Four Seasons Hotel Miami hosts a decadent chocolate tapas bar that will leave even the most ardent chocolate lover begging for mercy.

The buffet of desserts sits on a long table, with tiers of different choices and soft candles scattered in between. In the center is a large chocolate fountain, complete with baskets of marshmallows, strawberries, cookies and Rice Krispies treats for dipping. Each dessert looks hand-made, crafted especially for you, many with flecks of edible gold garnished on top. My advice is to start at one end of the table and work your way down because, try as you might, you won’t be able to fit them all on one plate.

The first thing that caught my eye was the chocolate cream, a small espresso-sized cup of what seemed like chocolate pudding with whipped cream and a thin chocolate garnish on top (which I also ate first). Peeking through at the back of the table, I noticed a small electric incubator, keeping the small, but heavenly molten chocolate cakes warm.

At first, I turned my nose up to the chocolate passion fruit, but after both the chef and my waitress told me it was their favorite, I had to try it for myself – and they were definitely right. The passion fruit came off very strong, so if you’re one of those people who doesn’t like to mix business with pleasure, this one’s not for you.

This buffet has something for everyone to love, whether it’s the milk chocolate caramelized dome (amazing), or the raspberry upside down tort. Don’t leave without trying my favorite, the Colombian coffee Napoleon, a rich combination of coffee-flavored mousse sandwiched between both soft and hardened chocolate. And before you do anything, make sure to order a tall glass of milk-you’re going to need it.

Where: Four Seasons Hotel Miami 1435 Brickell Avenue, Acqua Lounge

When: Every Friday and Saturday from 9pm to midnight

Price: $21/person

Ashley Guistolisi may be contacted at a.guistolisi@umiami.edu.

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...