What’s going on?

November 15: Today

Patio Jams will feature UM R & B Ensemble, an all-student cover band, from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the UC Patio.

Jed Horne will host a talk about Hurricane Katrina called “Breach of Faith: Hurricane Katrina and the Near Death of a Great American City,” from 3:30 to 5 p.m. at the School of Communication Courtyard.

The Knight Center for International Media at the School of Communication will hold the symposium “The New American Newspaper,” where industry professionals will discuss the state of American newspapers and Web sites, at 6:30 p.m. in Shojaee Hall.

November 16: Friday

The Japanese Film Festival will screen the romantic comedy, “Train Man: Densha Otoko,” directed by Masanori Murakami at 7:30 p.m. at the Cosford Cinema. This event is free and open to the public.

UM’s Screen on the Green will feature “White Christmas” at 8 p.m. and “Coming to America” at 10 p.m. on the University Green. This event is free and open to the public.

November 17: Saturday

Afrocentria, an Africa Week event, will take place at 7 p.m. on the UC Rock.

November 18: Sunday

The Marbella International Film Festival will be screening 30 films at Cosford Cinema from 11:30 a.m. to 1 a.m. UM students are admitted free with a Cane Card.

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

A new batch of evidence presented Monday at the college basketball trial in New York seems to furthe ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...