Read (or park) between the lines

As a commuter student, I get to campus two or three hours early to get a parking spot. No, not an ordinary parking spot, but a parking spot that steers clear of those students that can’t park their cars straight to save their lives. A few weeks ago I was exiting the sculpture studio when I noticed a decent-sized dent in the front driver’s side corner of my car. There was a dent and a nice, long car-on-car scrape that led me to believe someone had been incapable of parking, hit my car, tried to back up and damaged it even more. Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

When I get to campus and park in the lot behind the School of Communication, I back in and out until I am perfectly aligned within those two white lines. That way, if I end up with another dent, it wasn’t my fault. Do us all a favor (especially students like me with fathers that think we are incompetent drivers: PARK STRAIGHT. And if you hit someone’s car, do the honest thing and leave a note.

– Ashley Davidson
Senior

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...

On the first day of Main Draw action at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Presented by Oracle ...

The University of Miami soccer team closes out action in the Tar Heel state with a match against thi ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami Hurricanes fell in their tri-meet with Georgia Tech and Notre Dame Saturday afternoon, dro ...