Read (or park) between the lines

As a commuter student, I get to campus two or three hours early to get a parking spot. No, not an ordinary parking spot, but a parking spot that steers clear of those students that can’t park their cars straight to save their lives. A few weeks ago I was exiting the sculpture studio when I noticed a decent-sized dent in the front driver’s side corner of my car. There was a dent and a nice, long car-on-car scrape that led me to believe someone had been incapable of parking, hit my car, tried to back up and damaged it even more. Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

When I get to campus and park in the lot behind the School of Communication, I back in and out until I am perfectly aligned within those two white lines. That way, if I end up with another dent, it wasn’t my fault. Do us all a favor (especially students like me with fathers that think we are incompetent drivers: PARK STRAIGHT. And if you hit someone’s car, do the honest thing and leave a note.

– Ashley Davidson
Senior

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The Ring Theatre’s contemporary reworking of Molière’s “The Misanthrope” showcases the skills of UM’ ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

The Hurricanes will wrap up a four-game homestand with a midweek game against FAU on Wednesday at 6 ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team closed out the 2019 Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegi ...

The University of Miami swimming & diving team begins its run at the 2019 ACC Swimming & Div ...

For the second week in a row, the Miami women's basketball team made the largest leap of any sc ...