What’s going on?

November 12: Today

Alan Carter, professor at the University of Glasgow, Scotland, will present “A Plurality of Values” from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. in Memorial Building 206.

Robert Segal of the University of Aberdeen, Scotland will present “What’s Wrong with the Postmodern Approach to Religion” at 5:30 p.m. in LC 130.

A Black Student Success Dinner will be held tonight from 5 to 7 p.m. in the Mahoney Residential College Master’s Apartment. RSVP: (305) 284-2855.

The African Students Union is hosting an “Africa on Display” art and fashion exhibit in the UC Lower Lounge at 7 p.m.

Mike Reiss, the Emmy-winning writer/producer of “The Simpsons,” will present from 7 to 9 p.m. in the Storer Auditorium.

November 13: Tuesday

The Jerry Herman Ring Theatre is hosting Totally Tuesday for its performance of “Sunday in the Park with George” at 8 p.m. Students are admitted free with a Cane Card.

November 14: Wednesday

All nominations to recognize students graduating this December are due today by 5 p.m. to Building 21, room T.

CAC is screening “Black Snake Moan” from 8 to 10 p.m. at the Cosford Cinema. Students are admitted free with a Cane Card.

There will be a Green Expo on the UC Patio with live music, food and free T-shirts.

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...

University of Miami researchers applaud the scientific inquiry and access to reliable data that accompanies the legalization of cannabis—as four more states recently approved measures, and federal legislation to decriminalize it continues to progress. ...

The prestigious Pan American Art Projects Gallery will donate 25 percent of a virtual, live event to the University Libraries’ parcel. ...

Members of the University of Miami community share their ideas on how to persevere during the pandemic. ...

University and celebrity musicians will participate in a benefit concert on Thanksgiving Day to support the nonprofit organization Nurse Heroes Foundation. ...