Orange Bowl retrospective, past and present facts

Now

62,106 were in attendance at the final game at the OB.

The last game on Nov. 10, 2007, was exactly 69 years and 11 months after the first game.

The final game was a shutout also, but this time, not in Miami’s favor, as No. 19 Virginia defeated them 48-0.

Then

The stadium was named Roddy Burdine Municipal Stadium after its completion in 1937. Burdine was a popular figure in Miami, as he was one of the oldest pioneers in the city at the time.
It cost $340,000 to build.

The stadium was dedicated on December 10, 1937 when the Miami Hurricanes faced off against Georgia in the first game played at the OB.

22,000 people were in attendance for the first game. They watched from the two lower deck sidelines.

Miami routed Georgia Southern 40-0 on Oct. 1, 1937.

Roddy Burdine Municipal Stadium had an initial seating capacity of 23,330.

Alex Kushel may be contacted at a.kushel@umiami.edu

An asynchronous learning model provided an opportunity to create a hands-on process with a three-dimensional approach for a fall class. ...

Claire Paris-Limouzy started freediving for research and ended up becoming a record-breaking athlete who is also spearheading a Scientific Freediving program at the University. ...

Sociology scholars from around the world convened for a virtual conference hosted by the University of Miami on Thursday to explore shifting tendencies in international relocation and the implications for global social change. ...

Lauryn Williams, track and field and bobsled medalist, addressed the University community during Wednesday night’s “What Matters to U” virtual event. ...

During his appearance Tuesday on a webinar hosted by the University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School, tech mogul Eric Yuan highlighted the importance of a workplace culture of happiness and urged that businesses pay greater attention to the digital divide. ...