OB FUN FACTS

From its opening in 1937 to 1959, the Orange Bowl was named Burdine Stadium after Roddy Burdine, one of Miami’s pioneers.

The first regular-season Miami Hurricanes football game played at the Orange Bowl was on Oct. 1, 1937, against Georgia Southern when the Hurricanes won 40-0.

The FedEx Orange Bowl Classic moved to Dolphin
Stadium in 1996. The game was played once more at the Orange Bowl in 1999, due to a Dolphins playoff game at what is now Dolphin Stadium.

Orange Bowl Breakdown
Surface: Prescription Athletic Turf, formerly artificial grass
Original cost: $340,000
Original seating capacity: 23,330
Current seating capacity: 72,319

Dolphin Stadium Breakdown
Video boards: the largest hi-definition video boards in pro sports and the longest LED ribbon board in the world.
Televisions: around 2,000 flat-screen TV monitors
Parking: more than 22,000 parking spaces

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

It would be hard to blame Avery Huff for rethinking his commitment to the Miami Hurricanes right now ...

The losses keep coming for Miami Hurricanes football and Mark Richt. And this feels like the biggest ...

The University of Miami is losing the architect of one of the nation’s best defenses. UM defensive c ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

A UM medical team has released the first report of acute symptoms and clinical findings in 25 person ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...