OB FUN FACTS

From its opening in 1937 to 1959, the Orange Bowl was named Burdine Stadium after Roddy Burdine, one of Miami’s pioneers.

The first regular-season Miami Hurricanes football game played at the Orange Bowl was on Oct. 1, 1937, against Georgia Southern when the Hurricanes won 40-0.

The FedEx Orange Bowl Classic moved to Dolphin
Stadium in 1996. The game was played once more at the Orange Bowl in 1999, due to a Dolphins playoff game at what is now Dolphin Stadium.

Orange Bowl Breakdown
Surface: Prescription Athletic Turf, formerly artificial grass
Original cost: $340,000
Original seating capacity: 23,330
Current seating capacity: 72,319

Dolphin Stadium Breakdown
Video boards: the largest hi-definition video boards in pro sports and the longest LED ribbon board in the world.
Televisions: around 2,000 flat-screen TV monitors
Parking: more than 22,000 parking spaces

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The University of Miami women's swimming team put together 14 lifetime bests Saturday at its an ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

Despite earning the doubles point, the No. 15 Miami women's tennis team dropped a 5-2 decision ...