Football Report Card: University of Virginia

POSTED NOV. 11 AT 5:17 P.M.

Quarterbacks: F
Kyle Wright was 9-for-21 with three interceptions. He could not get the team into the redzone.not even once.not even for a field goal.

Running Backs: F
The rushing game netted a sad 95 yards. I’ll blame the lack of success in part to the fact that Graig Cooper was being used up the middle and Javarris James was sent outside when they should’ve been reversed to play to their respective strengths.

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends: F
The longest pass was recorded by Chris Zellner for a whopping 27 yards. Yet another disappointing factor in the scoreless offense.

Offensive Line: F
The O-Line was ineffective when protecting Wright, who was sacked three times. This unit is not entirely responsible for the offensive woes that continue to plague the Canes, but I cannot give anything more than an F to a complete shut-out.

Defensive Line: F
The excuse that this unit was on the field almost the entire game won’t fly since the Canes had slightly more possession time. The defense gave up more points in the first half (31) than they have given to any opponent at home all season.

Linebackers: F
The coverage was disastrous. Period.

Secondary: F
This unit let major plays past them, contributing to Virginia’s 418 total offensive yards, six touchdowns and two field goals.

Special Teams: F
Why was Ryan Hill fielding a return at the 3-yard line? That was absurd. Matt Bosher did a decent job punting but the unit still deserves an F overall for not being able to make anything happen.

Coaching: F
It’s clear that Offensive Coordinator Patrick Nix is not cut out for the Hurricanes. This game was an indication that his uninventive play calling will not even get the Canes within reach of scoring. Head Coach Randy Shannon can’t be expected to still play defensive coordinator and so it may be time for a change there too.

Boston College star Ky Bowman came down with a 102-degree fever on Saturday night. Jordan Chatman an ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Sunday: ▪ New UM defensive coordinator Blake Baker has asked UM ...

Emese Hof and No. 20 Miami think they can play with anyone, and it shows. Hof scored 18 of her 25 po ...

New University of Miami baseball head coach Gino DiMare wanted to start strong. He got perfection. T ...

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The Hurricanes dropped a tight contest with the Eagles in Chestnut Hill, 64-57. ...

The sophomore first baseman slugged his second homer of the weekend to lead the Canes to a series wi ...

Junior Renate Grimstad led the way for Miami and is tied for 18th at one-over-par, while sophomore K ...