Football Report Card: University of Virginia

POSTED NOV. 11 AT 5:17 P.M.

Quarterbacks: F
Kyle Wright was 9-for-21 with three interceptions. He could not get the team into the redzone.not even once.not even for a field goal.

Running Backs: F
The rushing game netted a sad 95 yards. I’ll blame the lack of success in part to the fact that Graig Cooper was being used up the middle and Javarris James was sent outside when they should’ve been reversed to play to their respective strengths.

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends: F
The longest pass was recorded by Chris Zellner for a whopping 27 yards. Yet another disappointing factor in the scoreless offense.

Offensive Line: F
The O-Line was ineffective when protecting Wright, who was sacked three times. This unit is not entirely responsible for the offensive woes that continue to plague the Canes, but I cannot give anything more than an F to a complete shut-out.

Defensive Line: F
The excuse that this unit was on the field almost the entire game won’t fly since the Canes had slightly more possession time. The defense gave up more points in the first half (31) than they have given to any opponent at home all season.

Linebackers: F
The coverage was disastrous. Period.

Secondary: F
This unit let major plays past them, contributing to Virginia’s 418 total offensive yards, six touchdowns and two field goals.

Special Teams: F
Why was Ryan Hill fielding a return at the 3-yard line? That was absurd. Matt Bosher did a decent job punting but the unit still deserves an F overall for not being able to make anything happen.

Coaching: F
It’s clear that Offensive Coordinator Patrick Nix is not cut out for the Hurricanes. This game was an indication that his uninventive play calling will not even get the Canes within reach of scoring. Head Coach Randy Shannon can’t be expected to still play defensive coordinator and so it may be time for a change there too.

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...

The University of Miami soccer team closes out action in the Tar Heel state with a match against thi ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami Hurricanes fell in their tri-meet with Georgia Tech and Notre Dame Saturday afternoon, dro ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team impressed in its quad-meet Friday af ...