A look at spirit: The Orange Bowl’s other performers

BAND OF THE HOUR

-Under the direction of Phillip Clements

-The “Band of the Hour” received its name in 1948 due to their halftime show, “Man of the Hour”

-The band performed at the 1992 and 1995 Orange Bowls

Members of the marching band will miss playing for tailgaters, performing during the pre-game show and marching on the field at the Orange Bowl during their halftime performance.

-“I can’t even describe the feeling I get every time we perform,” said Monica Qunitero, a senior and Hurricanette. “It’s such an honor and the crowd gets really excited when the band steps out onto the field.”

-“There’s so much history here,” said Andrew DeVino, a junior and baritone player. “It feels as if you’re playing for anyone who has ever stepped foot on the OB field.”

-“I started crying during the pregame,” said Herminia Dingle, a sophomore flute player who has been at the OB since high school when she worked the concession stands. “The Orange Bowl is radiant. We won’t sit down or stop cheering no matter what, even if we’re 52-0.”

CHEERLEADERS AND SUNSATIONS

“I’m sad to leave the orange bowl and the history behind, but going to Dolphin Stadium is going to be a great and exciting new part of our future,” said junior Lacee Landers, a Hurricane cheerleader.

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday night: ▪ FIU has decided that its Nov. 23 football game agains ...

Dewan Hernandez hit another NCAA roadblock on Monday, but the University of Miami forward will take ...

Jeff Thomas will be joining the Illinois Fighting Illini after all. After a few days of discussion a ...

While the University of Miami awaits what quarterback it will get Feb. 6 on National Signing Day, ne ...

It appears the University of Miami football program has found its answer to intelligent, energetic, ...

Grantees aim to eliminate opportunity gaps and biases in different realms and improve brain injury t ...

The film launches the 2019 film series for the UM Libraries Cuban Heritage Collection. ...

Here’s a go-to list of dates you should keep an eye on throughout the semester, along with some tidb ...

For more than 77 years, UM Hillel has provided a vibrant and diverse “home-away-from-home” that is f ...

University of Miami experts weigh in on the largest increase in carbon emissions in eight years. ...

The University of Miami football program has hired Dan Enos as its offensive coordinator and quarter ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team wrapped up play on its first weekend of competition Sunday ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team wrapped up play at the Miami Spring Invite Sunday, wi ...

Chris Lykes scored 25 points as Miami got past Wake Forest. ...