UMTV to Broadcast Men’s Basketball game vs. Florida Southern

The University of Miami’s cable television station, UMTV (Channel 96), will broadcast the men’s basketball game against Florida Southern this Friday, Nov. 9. The live broadcast will be a first in the station’s history.

SportsDesk, the sports show within UMTV, will begin the broadcast at 7 p.m. on Friday. The game will be televised on Channel 96 and streamed on www.accselect.com.

Rory Lincoln may be contacted at r.lincoln@umiami.edu.

An asynchronous learning model provided an opportunity to create a hands-on process with a three-dimensional approach for a fall class. ...

Claire Paris-Limouzy started freediving for research and ended up becoming a record-breaking athlete who is also spearheading a Scientific Freediving program at the University. ...

Sociology scholars from around the world convened for a virtual conference hosted by the University of Miami on Thursday to explore shifting tendencies in international relocation and the implications for global social change. ...

Lauryn Williams, track and field and bobsled medalist, addressed the University community during Wednesday night’s “What Matters to U” virtual event. ...

During his appearance Tuesday on a webinar hosted by the University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School, tech mogul Eric Yuan highlighted the importance of a workplace culture of happiness and urged that businesses pay greater attention to the digital divide. ...