MATCHUP: MIAMI v. VIRGINIA

Football Preview

QUARTERBACKS

Kyle Wright has recovered from his injury and should be motivated to have a big performance in the last game of his career at home. Jameel Sewell has led his team to several game-winning drives in the fourth quarter and has made key plays under pressure. He has thrown 10 touchdowns and rushed for 200 yards.

Advantage: VIRGINIA

O-LINE

Miami’s group up front has not been the reason for the team’s struggles this season. The unit blocked effectively last week and saw continued improvement from guards Orlando Franklin and Joel Figueroa. The Cavaliers unit has given up 22 sacks on the season. It should be noted that their group has kept its composure and has played well late in close games.

Advantage: MIAMI

RUNNING BACKS

The Hurricanes rushed for 314 yards last week and still lost the game. Javarris James and Graig Cooper should contribute once again in the backfield in this game. Virginia’s leading rusher Cedric Peerman has been lost for the season. Mikell Simpson has filled the void and has come on strong the past few games. He has 226 yards on the ground and has scored four touchdowns.

Advantage: MIAMI

SPECIAL TEAMS

Miami goes into the game without knowing what they will get from the kicking game. Punter Matt Bosher has shown improvement and may be called on to kick field goals. The Cavalier’s

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

It would be hard to blame Avery Huff for rethinking his commitment to the Miami Hurricanes right now ...

The losses keep coming for Miami Hurricanes football and Mark Richt. And this feels like the biggest ...

The University of Miami is losing the architect of one of the nation’s best defenses. UM defensive c ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

A UM medical team has released the first report of acute symptoms and clinical findings in 25 person ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...