MATCHUP: MIAMI v. VIRGINIA

Football Preview

QUARTERBACKS

Kyle Wright has recovered from his injury and should be motivated to have a big performance in the last game of his career at home. Jameel Sewell has led his team to several game-winning drives in the fourth quarter and has made key plays under pressure. He has thrown 10 touchdowns and rushed for 200 yards.

Advantage: VIRGINIA

O-LINE

Miami’s group up front has not been the reason for the team’s struggles this season. The unit blocked effectively last week and saw continued improvement from guards Orlando Franklin and Joel Figueroa. The Cavaliers unit has given up 22 sacks on the season. It should be noted that their group has kept its composure and has played well late in close games.

Advantage: MIAMI

RUNNING BACKS

The Hurricanes rushed for 314 yards last week and still lost the game. Javarris James and Graig Cooper should contribute once again in the backfield in this game. Virginia’s leading rusher Cedric Peerman has been lost for the season. Mikell Simpson has filled the void and has come on strong the past few games. He has 226 yards on the ground and has scored four touchdowns.

Advantage: MIAMI

SPECIAL TEAMS

Miami goes into the game without knowing what they will get from the kicking game. Punter Matt Bosher has shown improvement and may be called on to kick field goals. The Cavalier’s

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The University of Miami women's swimming team put together 14 lifetime bests Saturday at its an ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

Despite earning the doubles point, the No. 15 Miami women's tennis team dropped a 5-2 decision ...