MATCHUP: MIAMI v. VIRGINIA

Football Preview

QUARTERBACKS

Kyle Wright has recovered from his injury and should be motivated to have a big performance in the last game of his career at home. Jameel Sewell has led his team to several game-winning drives in the fourth quarter and has made key plays under pressure. He has thrown 10 touchdowns and rushed for 200 yards.

Advantage: VIRGINIA

O-LINE

Miami’s group up front has not been the reason for the team’s struggles this season. The unit blocked effectively last week and saw continued improvement from guards Orlando Franklin and Joel Figueroa. The Cavaliers unit has given up 22 sacks on the season. It should be noted that their group has kept its composure and has played well late in close games.

Advantage: MIAMI

RUNNING BACKS

The Hurricanes rushed for 314 yards last week and still lost the game. Javarris James and Graig Cooper should contribute once again in the backfield in this game. Virginia’s leading rusher Cedric Peerman has been lost for the season. Mikell Simpson has filled the void and has come on strong the past few games. He has 226 yards on the ground and has scored four touchdowns.

Advantage: MIAMI

SPECIAL TEAMS

Miami goes into the game without knowing what they will get from the kicking game. Punter Matt Bosher has shown improvement and may be called on to kick field goals. The Cavalier’s

The Miami Hurricanes’ 2020 recruiting class continues to grow. Three-star Deerfield Beach wide recei ...

Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood has produced some distinguished alums, including ESPN (and Miami Hera ...

Columbus was a popular destination for coaches throughout the first full week of May this spring. On ...

With Mark Walton (cut by Cincinnati) and Kendrick Norton (released by Carolina), the Dolphins have n ...

Perhaps no one but Kellen Winslow II knows for sure when his deep dive began from beloved University ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are transforming weather forecasts by creating a seasonal for ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team edged No. 77 Paola Diaz-Delg ...

The Bowling Green, Ky., native joins the Hurricanes after spending two seasons at Liberty. ...

Redshirt junior Brian Van Belle will take the mound in Miami's ACC Baseball Championship opener ...

For the 17th year in a row, the Miami women's tennis team ended the season in the top 25 of the ...

The quest for a spot at the 2019 NCAA Outdoor Championships begins Thursday for Miami's track a ...