JamStudio lets users play in a musical sandbox

The ability to create distinctive music today is a goal many reach for, yet the sheer cost and expertise needed can crush your aspirations. Although it is still working out some kinks since its launch in June 2007, JamStudio.com has been offering the opportunity for people of all skill levels to exercise their musical creativity without having to shell out any money for some jamming time.

JamStudio.com is a free online mixer created by Dave Edwards, a software developer and musician who promises “students and music lovers worldwide the best and easiest way to write their songs and play back their music.” JamStudio.com meets it promise: It is fairly easy to use, requiring little time to understand the process. Once the chords are entered and instruments chosen, the users can get inventive and adapt the rhythm and style of the music to create their masterpiece. The online mixer boasts a large digital library of over 40,000 musical phrases, offering users flexibility in their music.

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Mark Richt is sticking with the veteran. The Miami Hurricanes coach announced during the weekly Atla ...

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

For the second straight year, all of the Miami women's basketball teams will be televised and f ...

The University of Miami soccer team heads to the Tar Heel state for a pair of road matches beginning ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...