What’s going on?

November 5: Today

The Rathskeller Advisory Board will be accepting spring semester requests for special events beginning today. Event requests are approved on a first come, first serve basis.

November 6: Tuesday

Hillel is hosting “Dinner and an Israeli Movie” from 7 to 8:30 p.m. There will be free Israeli food and an Israeli movie at the Hillel building.

The environmental documentary “The 11th Hour,” narrated by Leonardo DiCaprio, will be screened at Cosford Cinema from 8 to 10 p.m.

Relay for Life is hosting an informational meeting in the UC I-Lounge from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. Students may sign up or begin a team.

November 7: Wednesday

Applications for the 2008 East Coast Conference on Hunger and Homelessness are due today by 5 p.m. at the SLC.

UM Debate will host the 2007 British Student Debate Tour on the second floor of the UM Bookstore from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.

Tawfik Hamid, once a member of the Islamist terrorist group al-Jama’ah al-Islamiyyah and currently a medical doctor and Muslim reformer living in the West, will present “The Roots of Jihad” from 8 to 10 p.m. in the Merrick Building’s Miller Center. This event is free and open to the public.

CAC is screening “Ghostbusters” from 8 to 10 p.m. at the Cosford Cinema. UM students are admitted free with a Cane Card.

During a virtual panel discussion hosted by the University of Washington, President Julio Frenk discussed global responses to the pandemic—and what is needed to move forward. ...

Members of the Homecoming Executive Committee share how they pivoted this year to plan a ’Canes Spirit Week that continues to generate excitement and honor tradition. ...

One of the University’s largest student-run organizations didn’t miss a beat when moving its dance lessons online. ...

Tau Sigma National Honor Society and the Department of Orientation and Commuter Student Involvement host a week of interactive events honoring transfer students Oct. 19-25. ...

A graduate of the highly selective Applied Behavior Analysis program, Fajer Almenaie is changing the landscape for children on the autism spectrum in the Middle East. ...