Interview Dr. Pascal J. Goldschmidt

CORAL GABLES – After leaving Duke University to become dean of the Miller School of Medicine, Dr. Pascal J. Goldschmidt came to the University of Miami with big plans.

One of his major goals as the dean is to elevate UM’s status to a top research school in the United States.

Since he came to UM in April 2006, he has created a new institute in the area of genetics and genomics, and he is also developing the Interdisciplinary Stem Cell Institute, along with researchers from Johns Hopkins University.

The following is from an interview with Goldschmidt on Oct. 15:

Q: You were the director of Cardiology at the Ohio State University College of Medicine and Public Health, and then you became the Chief of Cardiology at Duke University where you were promoted to chairman of the department of medicine. What do you think is your biggest challenge as the senior vice president for medical affairs and dean of the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine?

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ If N’Kosi Perry starts against North Carolina — as ma ...

Want a hot topic at the University of Miami? Quarterbacks. Want a hot unit? Defense. While Hurricane ...

The quarterback topic never gets old at the University of Miami, especially this week, when Hurrican ...

Mark Richt did what many of us expected Tuesday morning at the University of Miami’s Greentree Field ...

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Canes have not named a starting quarterback for Thursday's game vs. UNC, but they know they ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

View some of the top images from Estela Perez-Somarriba's Oracle ITA Masters title match victor ...

Lucia Marzal Martinez of the Miami women's tennis team competed as an amateur Tuesday in the Hi ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...