What’s going on?

November 1: Today

Patio Jams will feature Tavern, a six-piece band from UM focusing on covers and rock ‘n’ roll/rhythm and blues originals, from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the UC Patio.

The Philosophy Colloquium will feature Paul Boghassian, who will present “Can We Make Sense of Relativism?” in LC room 140 from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.

Phi Mu Alpha Unplugged, an outdoor acoustic concert hosted by the brothers of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, will begin at 8 p.m. on the lawn between Frost School of Music and the Rat. Attendees can listen to music by Dashboard Confessional, Michael Buble and Plain White T’s.

Menotti ReMixed, a one-night-only performance by the Frost Opera Theater, is at 8 p.m. in Gusman Concert Hall. Admission is free for UM students, faculty and staff.

November 2: Friday

Cosford will screen “No End in Sight,” an insider’s tale about the lead-up to the Iraq war, from 6 to 8 p.m. The film details how a swift military victory rapidly became a quagmire.

November 3: Saturday

Cosford will screen the French film, “Angel-A,” from 2 to 4 p.m., 6 to 8 p.m. and 10 to 11:30 p.m.

The Ramsey Lewis Trio, featuring Ramsey Lewis, Larry Green and Leon Joyce, will perform in the Maurice Gusman Concert Hall from 8 to 10 p.m.

The Swinging Brazilian Jazz Machine will perform in Gusman Concert Hall from 4 to 6 p.m.

Instead of in-person celebrations at Hard Rock Stadium, President Julio Frenk announced that the University of Miami will hold its four observances online because of updated COVID-19 data. ...

The newly chartered Peruvian Students Association seeks to expand its impact and influence beyond campus, supporting protests against education cutbacks in the South American country and connecting students across the United States to their Andean roots. ...

Leyna Stemle found that by attaching green LED lights to fishing nets in Ghana, the illumination was able to divert most of the reptiles from becoming entangled and hurt. ...

As the world observes the 32nd annual World AIDS Day, a University of Miami team is shining a bright light on a neighborhood initiative to curtail the epidemic. ...

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...