Redshirt quarterback arrested

POSTED NOV. 3 AT 8:30 P.M.
UPDATED NOV. 3 AT 9:33 P.M.

Robert Marve, a redshirt freshman quarterback, was arrested after running from a police officer in Coconut Grove on Halloween, The Miami Herald reported Saturday.

An officer spotted Marve breaking the rear-view mirror of a car and, when the officer approached, Marve ran away, The Herald reported. The officer later caught Marve.

The freshman was later charged with two misdemeanors: resisting arrest without violence and criminal mischief, according to The Herald.

“He was apparently upset about something, we don’t know what,” Miami Police spokesperson Delrish Moss told The Herald.

According to a statement released by the university, Marve met with Head Coach Randy Shannon to discuss the situation. Shannon, who has been a strict disciplinarian with the team, has yet to release any information as to what actions he will take.

Marve, a Plant High School graduate, was rated No. 14 among national quarterbacks by Scout.com in 2006. He was injured in the off-season when a car, driven by another Miami Hurricane football player, rolled several times on Alligator Alley.

Check with TheMiamiHurricane.com for updates.

Stacey Arnold may be contacted at s.arnold@umiami.edu.

Instead of in-person celebrations at Hard Rock Stadium, President Julio Frenk announced that the University of Miami will hold its four observances online because of updated COVID-19 data. ...

The newly chartered Peruvian Students Association seeks to expand its impact and influence beyond campus, supporting protests against education cutbacks in the South American country and connecting students across the United States to their Andean roots. ...

Leyna Stemle found that by attaching green LED lights to fishing nets in Ghana, the illumination was able to divert most of the reptiles from becoming entangled and hurt. ...

As the world observes the 32nd annual World AIDS Day, a University of Miami team is shining a bright light on a neighborhood initiative to curtail the epidemic. ...

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...