Mike Anderson scheduled for November court date

Michael “Mike” Anthony Anderson, the University of Miami student who was arrested and charged for sexually assaulting another student at Pearson Residential College last January, is rescheduled to go to trial on Nov. 29.

Anderson’s hearing was originally scheduled for today, but the hearing has been postponed for the third time.

According to a police report filed on Jan. 24, Anderson entered an unlocked dorm room in Pearson and digitally penetrated the sleeping victim. When the victim awoke, he stole some of her belongings and left.

After the university received tips in response to an e-mail crime alert, Anderson was voluntarily transported to Coral Gables Police Department (CGPD) headquarters for questioning. He then made a taped statement in which he admitted to the assault.

Anderson is charged with one count of sexual battery and one count of burglary with assault or battery, both of which are felonies.

Anderson, the 21-year-old former music and pre-med student, was released on bond in March.

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the University of Miami became just the second Hurricanes playe ...

One of the reasons Manny Diaz overhauled his recruiting department when he took over as UM’s coach i ...

Connor McLaughlin never gave much thought to the Miami Hurricanes when he was younger. Even though h ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ 2020 recruiting class continues to grow. Three-star Deerfield Beach wide recei ...

Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood has produced some distinguished alums, including ESPN (and Miami Hera ...

Academics met at the University of Miami to plan the next phase of a study looking at how journalist ...

Former University of Miami student Elio M. Garcia, Jr. and his wife Linda Antonsson discuss their jo ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are using big data to identify affordable housing opportuniti ...

From office furniture to electronics to kitchen items, the University of Miami sells surplus propert ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are studying zebrafish to understand human genetics and ident ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team dropped the opening set befo ...

Miami track and field punched three more tickets to the 2019 NCAA Outdoor Championships on the final ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team secured her spot in the NCAA ...

Six members of the Miami track and field team earned a spot at the 2019 NCAA Outdoor Championships i ...

Former Miami women's basketball standout Emese Hof will begin her overseas professional career ...