Mike Anderson scheduled for November court date

Michael “Mike” Anthony Anderson, the University of Miami student who was arrested and charged for sexually assaulting another student at Pearson Residential College last January, is rescheduled to go to trial on Nov. 29.

Anderson’s hearing was originally scheduled for today, but the hearing has been postponed for the third time.

According to a police report filed on Jan. 24, Anderson entered an unlocked dorm room in Pearson and digitally penetrated the sleeping victim. When the victim awoke, he stole some of her belongings and left.

After the university received tips in response to an e-mail crime alert, Anderson was voluntarily transported to Coral Gables Police Department (CGPD) headquarters for questioning. He then made a taped statement in which he admitted to the assault.

Anderson is charged with one count of sexual battery and one count of burglary with assault or battery, both of which are felonies.

Anderson, the 21-year-old former music and pre-med student, was released on bond in March.

The Gino DiMare era for the Miami Hurricanes couldn’t have started any better. In DiMare’s first gam ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The Shelley family shares their story of four generations at the University of Miami. ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team is a Lisa Leslie Center of the Year Aw ...