Mike Anderson scheduled for November court date

Michael “Mike” Anthony Anderson, the University of Miami student who was arrested and charged for sexually assaulting another student at Pearson Residential College last January, is rescheduled to go to trial on Nov. 29.

Anderson’s hearing was originally scheduled for today, but the hearing has been postponed for the third time.

According to a police report filed on Jan. 24, Anderson entered an unlocked dorm room in Pearson and digitally penetrated the sleeping victim. When the victim awoke, he stole some of her belongings and left.

After the university received tips in response to an e-mail crime alert, Anderson was voluntarily transported to Coral Gables Police Department (CGPD) headquarters for questioning. He then made a taped statement in which he admitted to the assault.

Anderson is charged with one count of sexual battery and one count of burglary with assault or battery, both of which are felonies.

Anderson, the 21-year-old former music and pre-med student, was released on bond in March.

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...