Culture

Insomniacs look out: Miami pulls an all-nighter

Nov. 4 marks daylights savings time, so celebrate the extra hour with Miami’s Sleepless Nights.

Described as the cultural takeover of Miami Beach, Sleepless Nights includes 13 hours of music, dancing, culture and the arts at four different Miami Beach locations: North Beach, Collins Park, Lincoln Road and Ocean Drive.

Performances include live bands, street parades, dance performances and sculpture gardens to name a few, and all events are free.

Don’t worry about transportation interrupting your party; traveling theater buses will be provided free of cost between locations and they’ll be sure to be a ride to remember. Beginning at 6 p.m. on November 3, Sleepless Nights will run to sunrise at 6 a.m. (include the “25th hour” of the evening). Organized by the City of Miami Beach and the Miami Beach Cultural Arts Council, Sleepless Nights will be one all-nighter you’ll be glad to pull.

As they say, “fall back and culture forward,” for more information, visit www.fulanoinc.com/testing/sleepless/index.html or socialmiami.com.

Information about the event compiled by Bari Lieberman, EDGE Editor

An asynchronous learning model provided an opportunity to create a hands-on process with a three-dimensional approach for a fall class. ...

Claire Paris-Limouzy started freediving for research and ended up becoming a record-breaking athlete who is also spearheading a Scientific Freediving program at the University. ...

Sociology scholars from around the world convened for a virtual conference hosted by the University of Miami on Thursday to explore shifting tendencies in international relocation and the implications for global social change. ...

Lauryn Williams, track and field and bobsled medalist, addressed the University community during Wednesday night’s “What Matters to U” virtual event. ...

During his appearance Tuesday on a webinar hosted by the University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School, tech mogul Eric Yuan highlighted the importance of a workplace culture of happiness and urged that businesses pay greater attention to the digital divide. ...