Halloween events in Miami

Miami is the mecca of all things nightlife, and celebrating All Hallow’s Eve anywhere else would be a disgrace to Mr. Jack O’Lantern himself.

On campus

QuantUM presents “Little Shop of Horrors.” The musical is darkly humorous, telling the story of a nerdy florist worker who raises a plant that feeds off of human blood. It will be running at Hillel on October 28, 30, November 1 and 3. Show starts at 8 p.m.

The Cinematic Arts Commission (CAC) is hosting its Cult Film Festival on Oct. 29 and 30, featuring movies such as “Boogie Nights” and “Trainspotting.” Free screenings begin at 9 p.m. in the Cosford Cinema.

On Wednesday, CAC will show “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” at 8 p.m. and 11 p.m.

For more information, call Hurricane Productions at 305-284-4606.

Around Miami

The Beverly Hills Pajama Party Halloween: A costume ball and contest with guest, actress and former Playboy playmate Brande Roderick with music by DJs Irie, Secci and Joe Dert. 10 p.m. Oct. 31 Forge Restaurant, $20. 305-604-9798.?

The Fifth Nightclub Saints and Sinners Halloween: Costume party. Oct. 31. No cover. 305-538-9898.

Halloween Carnival: Games, costume contest and haunted house. 6-9 p.m. Oct. 31 Coral Gables War Memorial Youth Center. Free admission, $3 for haunted house. 305-460-5600.

Rocky Horror Picture Show: Classic film. 9 p.m. Oct. 31. Colony Theatre $22. 305-674-1040.

Halloween on the Mile: Haunted house, costume contest and a scavenger hunt. On Miracle Mile between Douglas and Le Jeune roads in Coral Gables. 5-9 p.m. Oct. 31, free admission. 305-569-0311 or shopcoralgables.com.

*information collected from themiamiherald.com

If you want to go out on Wednesday, but not necessarily in costume, check out these non-Halloween events.

-British rockers The Cult will play at Revolution in Fort Lauderdale. Show starts at 6:30 p.m. and tickets cost $26.50.

Fall Out Boy, the pop-punk, quasi-emo masters, will play at the Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater. Show starts at 7 p.m. and tickets cost $43.

Join your friends Jose Cuervo and Jack Daniels at the White Trash Halloween party at O on Miami Beach hosted by the Plain White T’s directly following their performance at the Fillmore. 10pm, Oct. 31 at 330

Lincoln Road. 305-531-2811

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...

On the first day of Main Draw action at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Presented by Oracle ...

The University of Miami soccer team closes out action in the Tar Heel state with a match against thi ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami Hurricanes fell in their tri-meet with Georgia Tech and Notre Dame Saturday afternoon, dro ...