Halloween events in Miami

Miami is the mecca of all things nightlife, and celebrating All Hallow’s Eve anywhere else would be a disgrace to Mr. Jack O’Lantern himself.

On campus

QuantUM presents “Little Shop of Horrors.” The musical is darkly humorous, telling the story of a nerdy florist worker who raises a plant that feeds off of human blood. It will be running at Hillel on October 28, 30, November 1 and 3. Show starts at 8 p.m.

The Cinematic Arts Commission (CAC) is hosting its Cult Film Festival on Oct. 29 and 30, featuring movies such as “Boogie Nights” and “Trainspotting.” Free screenings begin at 9 p.m. in the Cosford Cinema.

On Wednesday, CAC will show “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” at 8 p.m. and 11 p.m.

For more information, call Hurricane Productions at 305-284-4606.

Around Miami

The Beverly Hills Pajama Party Halloween: A costume ball and contest with guest, actress and former Playboy playmate Brande Roderick with music by DJs Irie, Secci and Joe Dert. 10 p.m. Oct. 31 Forge Restaurant, $20. 305-604-9798.?

The Fifth Nightclub Saints and Sinners Halloween: Costume party. Oct. 31. No cover. 305-538-9898.

Halloween Carnival: Games, costume contest and haunted house. 6-9 p.m. Oct. 31 Coral Gables War Memorial Youth Center. Free admission, $3 for haunted house. 305-460-5600.

Rocky Horror Picture Show: Classic film. 9 p.m. Oct. 31. Colony Theatre $22. 305-674-1040.

Halloween on the Mile: Haunted house, costume contest and a scavenger hunt. On Miracle Mile between Douglas and Le Jeune roads in Coral Gables. 5-9 p.m. Oct. 31, free admission. 305-569-0311 or shopcoralgables.com.

*information collected from themiamiherald.com

If you want to go out on Wednesday, but not necessarily in costume, check out these non-Halloween events.

-British rockers The Cult will play at Revolution in Fort Lauderdale. Show starts at 6:30 p.m. and tickets cost $26.50.

Fall Out Boy, the pop-punk, quasi-emo masters, will play at the Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater. Show starts at 7 p.m. and tickets cost $43.

Join your friends Jose Cuervo and Jack Daniels at the White Trash Halloween party at O on Miami Beach hosted by the Plain White T’s directly following their performance at the Fillmore. 10pm, Oct. 31 at 330

Lincoln Road. 305-531-2811

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

Six new Hurricanes football players arrived on campus and began classes Monday, a group including a ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Four Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference Monday for their ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team started her NCAA Singles Cha ...

The Barcelona, Spain, native caps his sophomore campaign with a team-high 21 singles wins. ...

The University of Miami track and field program garnered 20 entries in the 2019 NCAA East Preliminar ...

Miami's schedule features seven matches against teams that reached the NCAA Championship. ...