What’s going on?

October 25: Today

Category 5 is selling 46 tickets to the Virginia Tech game for $250 from 7 to 9 a.m. in the UC Lower Lounge. Full-time undergraduates with their Cane Card and cash can purchase a single ticket.

Patio Jams will feature Lanzallamas Monofonica, an eight-piece ensemble originating from Miami and featuring percussive and acoustic instruments, from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the UC Patio.

October 26: Friday

The Belly Bust Homecoming Show will take place at the Rat from 7 to 9 p.m. and will feature performers Donnell Rawlings and Na’im Lynn.

October 27: Saturday

Hurricanes Help the Hometown is hosting its annual community service event from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Meet at the first floor of the UC Patio for breakfast at 8:30 or to sign up at 9 a.m.

“Break the Formula” Benefit Concert benefiting PowerU and Habitat for Humanity will take place from 2 to 7 p.m. at the UC Patio. This is a carnival-styled event featuring free food and raffles.

For Hispanic Heritage Month the Dept. of Multicultural Affairs is hosting “Fuego,” featuring food and dance performances. Tickets for UM students are $5 and are available by the MSA, Building 21 P or in the breezeway.

October 28: Sunday

Miami International Film Festival is screening “Moulin Rouge” in the Bill Cosford Cinema at 8 p.m. Tickets are $5 for UM students with Cane Card.

Boston College star Ky Bowman came down with a 102-degree fever on Saturday night. Jordan Chatman an ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Sunday: ▪ New UM defensive coordinator Blake Baker has asked UM ...

Emese Hof and No. 20 Miami think they can play with anyone, and it shows. Hof scored 18 of her 25 po ...

New University of Miami baseball head coach Gino DiMare wanted to start strong. He got perfection. T ...

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The Hurricanes dropped a tight contest with the Eagles in Chestnut Hill, 64-57. ...

The sophomore first baseman slugged his second homer of the weekend to lead the Canes to a series wi ...

Junior Renate Grimstad led the way for Miami and is tied for 18th at one-over-par, while sophomore K ...