Students produce weekly ‘Unofficial UM Podcast’

After just a few minutes of speaking with University of Miami senior Jordan Fulghum last spring, Carlos Garcia offered him an internship at his startup company.

“He just came across as a very down-to-earth guy,” said Garcia, co-founder and CEO of the photography-based blogging Web site, Scrapblog. “I saw some of the things he was doing with online media and knew he’d fit in.”

Fulghum, a visual communication major, has recently started producing The Unofficial UM Podcast with his two roommates, Morgan Cantrell and Dylan Connelly. The seven 30-minute podcasts are currently available for free on iTunes.

The podcasts are based on university-related happenings, and also include analysis of the 2008 presidential candidates-a different one each podcast.

In the most recent episode, Fulghum, Cantrell and Connelly take on intramural flag football, Miami weather and the university’s new emergency text messaging system.

“The nature of it is just so casual,” Fulghum said. “It’s just something we decided to do one day, and here we are.”

Fulghum said that he would like to eventually move on to online television. But for now, he is just enjoying the ride.

“I definitely want to continue podcasting,” Fulghum said. “I don’t know if it’ll be specifically about UM, but it’s something I want to keep doing.”

To subscribe to the Unofficial UM Podcast visit
unofficialumpodcast.com.

Zander Kean may be contacted at a.kean@umiami.edu.

While the University of Miami has just three Class of 2019 oral commitments on offense, the Canes ha ...

Gerald Willis’ monster season has earned another piece of national recognition. On Monday, the Miami ...

It hasn’t been a great few weeks on the recruiting trail for the Miami Hurricanes with regards to of ...

A six-pack of Heat notes, leading up to Heat-Lakers on Monday night: ▪ In the days before one of his ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Friday: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt hasn’t yet given any indication to the ...

Most UM Debate Team members devote 10 to 15 hours of preparation for each tournament. ...

National Geographic connects with the University of Miami to empower the next generation of storytel ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

Several UM art students are getting real-world exposure during a highly anticipated – and attended – ...

Over the past several years, more and more students are using UM Libraries as a study place, a meeti ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...

University of Miami redshirt senior defensive tackle Gerald Willis III was recognized for his outsta ...