Students produce weekly ‘Unofficial UM Podcast’

After just a few minutes of speaking with University of Miami senior Jordan Fulghum last spring, Carlos Garcia offered him an internship at his startup company.

“He just came across as a very down-to-earth guy,” said Garcia, co-founder and CEO of the photography-based blogging Web site, Scrapblog. “I saw some of the things he was doing with online media and knew he’d fit in.”

Fulghum, a visual communication major, has recently started producing The Unofficial UM Podcast with his two roommates, Morgan Cantrell and Dylan Connelly. The seven 30-minute podcasts are currently available for free on iTunes.

The podcasts are based on university-related happenings, and also include analysis of the 2008 presidential candidates-a different one each podcast.

In the most recent episode, Fulghum, Cantrell and Connelly take on intramural flag football, Miami weather and the university’s new emergency text messaging system.

“The nature of it is just so casual,” Fulghum said. “It’s just something we decided to do one day, and here we are.”

Fulghum said that he would like to eventually move on to online television. But for now, he is just enjoying the ride.

“I definitely want to continue podcasting,” Fulghum said. “I don’t know if it’ll be specifically about UM, but it’s something I want to keep doing.”

To subscribe to the Unofficial UM Podcast visit
unofficialumpodcast.com.

Zander Kean may be contacted at a.kean@umiami.edu.

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Former University of Miami football and NFL star player Jonathan Vilma made a splash in South Florid ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

Miami redshirt senior quarterback Malik Rosier was named to the preseason watch list for the Manning ...

The University of Miami's volleyball team returns to the Knight Sports Complex on Saturday at 3 ...

The University of Miami soccer team will travel to Boca Raton, Fla., Friday night as the team kicks ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews revealed Thursday the team's schedule ...

The Canes defense is full of big names like Shaq Quarterman and Jaquan Johnson, but these players ha ...