Students produce weekly ‘Unofficial UM Podcast’

After just a few minutes of speaking with University of Miami senior Jordan Fulghum last spring, Carlos Garcia offered him an internship at his startup company.

“He just came across as a very down-to-earth guy,” said Garcia, co-founder and CEO of the photography-based blogging Web site, Scrapblog. “I saw some of the things he was doing with online media and knew he’d fit in.”

Fulghum, a visual communication major, has recently started producing The Unofficial UM Podcast with his two roommates, Morgan Cantrell and Dylan Connelly. The seven 30-minute podcasts are currently available for free on iTunes.

The podcasts are based on university-related happenings, and also include analysis of the 2008 presidential candidates-a different one each podcast.

In the most recent episode, Fulghum, Cantrell and Connelly take on intramural flag football, Miami weather and the university’s new emergency text messaging system.

“The nature of it is just so casual,” Fulghum said. “It’s just something we decided to do one day, and here we are.”

Fulghum said that he would like to eventually move on to online television. But for now, he is just enjoying the ride.

“I definitely want to continue podcasting,” Fulghum said. “I don’t know if it’ll be specifically about UM, but it’s something I want to keep doing.”

To subscribe to the Unofficial UM Podcast visit
unofficialumpodcast.com.

Zander Kean may be contacted at a.kean@umiami.edu.

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

On a historic afternoon for redshirt senior goalkeeper Phallon Tullis-Joyce, the University of Miami ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The Miami women's tennis team wrapped up competition Sunday at the ITA Southeast Regional Champ ...

On the first day of Main Draw action at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Presented by Oracle ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...