Popular French DJ releases new CD, plans South Beach show

Clean tones and upbeat tempos are signatures of David Guetta’s third album, “Pop Life.” His last album, “Guetta Blaster,” included “The World is Mine,” which topped both British and American dance charts. Guetta faced the difficult task of improving his style with the popular singles from his debut effort. Although the first two singles on “Pop Life” are better than anything on “Guetta Blaster,” there is not much more to this album than that.

The album’s second single, “Baby When the Light,” delivers crisp vocals and the complex beats of “Never Take Away My Freedom,” proving that Guetta put a little bit of everything in this album. The highlight of “Pop Life” is its first single, “Love is Gone” where along with Chris Willis (the same singer used on most of his tracks), Guetta combined an overpowering bass, complicated synth, well produced vocals and a catchy hook to make a club hit. “Love is Gone” has already reached number one on the European dance charts and number nine on the UK singles chart.

Guetta will be making a stop in Miami on November 24 at Cameo on South Beach.

Tickets are on sale now at wantickets.com.

Matt Mullin may be contacted at m.mullin@umiami.edu.

Other CD Reviews:

David Guetta: Poplife
Muscles
Cielo

The Gino DiMare era for the Miami Hurricanes couldn’t have started any better. In DiMare’s first gam ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The Shelley family shares their story of four generations at the University of Miami. ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team is a Lisa Leslie Center of the Year Aw ...