Popular French DJ releases new CD, plans South Beach show

Clean tones and upbeat tempos are signatures of David Guetta’s third album, “Pop Life.” His last album, “Guetta Blaster,” included “The World is Mine,” which topped both British and American dance charts. Guetta faced the difficult task of improving his style with the popular singles from his debut effort. Although the first two singles on “Pop Life” are better than anything on “Guetta Blaster,” there is not much more to this album than that.

The album’s second single, “Baby When the Light,” delivers crisp vocals and the complex beats of “Never Take Away My Freedom,” proving that Guetta put a little bit of everything in this album. The highlight of “Pop Life” is its first single, “Love is Gone” where along with Chris Willis (the same singer used on most of his tracks), Guetta combined an overpowering bass, complicated synth, well produced vocals and a catchy hook to make a club hit. “Love is Gone” has already reached number one on the European dance charts and number nine on the UK singles chart.

Guetta will be making a stop in Miami on November 24 at Cameo on South Beach.

Tickets are on sale now at wantickets.com.

Matt Mullin may be contacted at m.mullin@umiami.edu.

Other CD Reviews:

David Guetta: Poplife
Muscles
Cielo

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

New technology could help schools identify shooters and other intruders before they enter the door. ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...