What’s going on?

October 22: Today

National Collegiate Alcohol Awareness Week kicks off at noon at the Rock with giveaways and free pizza. There will also be free T-shirts and information on peer education at the William W. Sandler Jr. Center for Alcohol and Other Drug Education all day in Building 21E.

October 23: Tuesday

The UM Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists and The Miami Hurricane will be hosting a free lunch in the School of Communication courtyard from noon to 2 p.m.

The UM Chapter of Habitat for Humanity is hosting a fundraiser at the Coldstone south on US 1 between 7 and 10 p.m. For every ice cream purchased, 20 percent of the proceeds will go toward Habitat for Humanity.

Hillel is hosting the cocktail party “Fondue Lounge” from 8 to 10:30 p.m.

Granada College Group is screening the documentary “Bono.The Least of These” from 8:30 to 10 p.m. at the UC Patio.

October 24: Wedneday

The Council of International Students and Organizations is sponsoring “UN Day” at the UC Patio from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event will feature free refreshments, live music, a mini-service fair and a carebox drive for those affected by the earthquake in Peru.

CAC is screening 300, a film adaptation of the graphic novel 300 by Frank Miller, from 8 to 10 p.m. at the Cosford Cinema. UM students are admitted free with a Cane Card.

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...

University of Miami researchers applaud the scientific inquiry and access to reliable data that accompanies the legalization of cannabis—as four more states recently approved measures, and federal legislation to decriminalize it continues to progress. ...

The prestigious Pan American Art Projects Gallery will donate 25 percent of a virtual, live event to the University Libraries’ parcel. ...

Members of the University of Miami community share their ideas on how to persevere during the pandemic. ...

University and celebrity musicians will participate in a benefit concert on Thanksgiving Day to support the nonprofit organization Nurse Heroes Foundation. ...