What’s going on?

October 18: Today

Democratic presidential candidate Mike Gravel will be speaking in the UC Lower Lounge at 12:45 p.m.

Patio Jams will feature Juke, whose blues music is described as raw and real, from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the UC Patio.

UM’s chapter of the National Organization for Women: Campus Action Network is hosting “Love Your Body Day” from noon to 2 p.m. at the UC Rock. Women of all body types can participate in a beauty pageant, and information on the media’s effect on body image will be distributed.

Cosford is screening “Dan in Real Life,” a comedy featuring Steve Carell, Dane Cook and Juliette Binoche at 9 p.m.

October 19: Friday

The 41st Annual Honor Choir Concert will be performed by the Frost Chorale at Maurice Gusman Concert Hall from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Admission is free.

October 20: Saturday

Category 5 is hosting a pep rally for the FSU game at 2:30 at the Rat.

Cosford is screening “Manufactured Landscapes,” an award-winning feature documentary on the work of internationally renowned artist Edward Burtynsky, from 7 to 8:30 p.m.

October 21: Sunday

The UM women’s soccer team will play FSU in Cobb Stadium at 1 p.m.

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...

University of Miami researchers applaud the scientific inquiry and access to reliable data that accompanies the legalization of cannabis—as four more states recently approved measures, and federal legislation to decriminalize it continues to progress. ...

The prestigious Pan American Art Projects Gallery will donate 25 percent of a virtual, live event to the University Libraries’ parcel. ...

Members of the University of Miami community share their ideas on how to persevere during the pandemic. ...

University and celebrity musicians will participate in a benefit concert on Thanksgiving Day to support the nonprofit organization Nurse Heroes Foundation. ...