IKEA opens retail space in Sunrise

The famed Swedish home retailer giant IKEA opened its first Florida location this Wednesday in Sunrise. While the city government banned overnight camping for the store’s opening, this much-anticipated event was expected to attract over 25,000 customers on opening day and lines were estimated to begin forming two days prior to the event.

IKEA, known for its wide range of low-priced products, has created a seemingly cult-like international fan base. Sometimes referred to as a theme park, shopping at IKEA can easily turn into a full-day event. Children can be dropped off at the official IKEA-supervised play area. Ballroom shoppers are free to play (or shop) in the numerous show rooms. They can also take a break at the IKEA restaurant, which features Swedish and local daily dishes like the Swedish bistro. IKEA is the new one-stop shop for entertainment and home purchases alike.

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Coach Manny Diaz said the quarterback race among Ta ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...