IKEA opens retail space in Sunrise

The famed Swedish home retailer giant IKEA opened its first Florida location this Wednesday in Sunrise. While the city government banned overnight camping for the store’s opening, this much-anticipated event was expected to attract over 25,000 customers on opening day and lines were estimated to begin forming two days prior to the event.

IKEA, known for its wide range of low-priced products, has created a seemingly cult-like international fan base. Sometimes referred to as a theme park, shopping at IKEA can easily turn into a full-day event. Children can be dropped off at the official IKEA-supervised play area. Ballroom shoppers are free to play (or shop) in the numerous show rooms. They can also take a break at the IKEA restaurant, which features Swedish and local daily dishes like the Swedish bistro. IKEA is the new one-stop shop for entertainment and home purchases alike.

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The Ring Theatre’s contemporary reworking of Molière’s “The Misanthrope” showcases the skills of UM’ ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

The Hurricanes will wrap up a four-game homestand with a midweek game against FAU on Wednesday at 6 ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team closed out the 2019 Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegi ...

The University of Miami swimming & diving team begins its run at the 2019 ACC Swimming & Div ...

For the second week in a row, the Miami women's basketball team made the largest leap of any sc ...