ISA/HSC’s Garba-Raas Event

Photo Credit: Jamie Straz // Hurricane Staff

The Indian Student Association (ISA) and the Hindu Students Coucil (HSC) hosted a Garba-Raas event at the University Center Sunday evening. Garba-Raas is a traditional Indian music and dance. The event was not only in celebration of the nine-day dance and worship festival of Navratri but also to raise money for Ekal Vidyalaya, a foundation that creates and funds schools in India.

The Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation
UM Indian Students Association
UM Hindu Students Council
For more info on the Navratri Festival

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...

University of Miami researchers applaud the scientific inquiry and access to reliable data that accompanies the legalization of cannabis—as four more states recently approved measures, and federal legislation to decriminalize it continues to progress. ...

The prestigious Pan American Art Projects Gallery will donate 25 percent of a virtual, live event to the University Libraries’ parcel. ...

Members of the University of Miami community share their ideas on how to persevere during the pandemic. ...

University and celebrity musicians will participate in a benefit concert on Thanksgiving Day to support the nonprofit organization Nurse Heroes Foundation. ...