ISA/HSC’s Garba-Raas Event

Photo Credit: Jamie Straz // Hurricane Staff

The Indian Student Association (ISA) and the Hindu Students Coucil (HSC) hosted a Garba-Raas event at the University Center Sunday evening. Garba-Raas is a traditional Indian music and dance. The event was not only in celebration of the nine-day dance and worship festival of Navratri but also to raise money for Ekal Vidyalaya, a foundation that creates and funds schools in India.

The Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation
UM Indian Students Association
UM Hindu Students Council
For more info on the Navratri Festival

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

The overnight pre-orientation program – now in its 30th year – welcomes newly admitted first-year co ...

Apollo 11 astronaut’s moonwalk, which took place 50 years ago Saturday, is remembered by members of ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

The ITA released Thursday its academic accolades for the 2018-19 season and the University of Miami ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...