Commencing a reign of fabulousness

The Hurriqueen is a new advice column from a male student at the University of Miami.
Please look for his thoughts on a variety of issues every Monday.
Dear V‘s column will run Thursdays.

The Hurriqueen recently conversed with Opinion Editor Nayda Verier-Taylor.

Nayda Verier-Taylor: Hurriqueen? Why not Hurriking? I mean, you are of the male sex, are you not? Do tell.

HQ: Indeed, sweetheart. I am a male. But here’s the thing: All my life I’ve been called a “queen.” I’ve been degraded just because I prefer the penis over the va-jay-jay. And now that I have my very own advice column, I’m going to turn it all around on those bitches and make a negative a positive. I am queen. All hail.

NVT: What makes you qualified to give others advice on their sex lives, relationships and everyday affairs?

HQ: I genuinely want to see everyone on this campus transform themselves from victims into victors. I want the insecure to get laid; the one-minute man to last all night; and the closet cases to realize that people already know that they’re gay and don’t really care. And I hate to sound like I think I know it all, but I actually do.

Instead of in-person celebrations at Hard Rock Stadium, President Julio Frenk announced that the University of Miami will hold its four observances online because of updated COVID-19 data. ...

The newly chartered Peruvian Students Association seeks to expand its impact and influence beyond campus, supporting protests against education cutbacks in the South American country and connecting students across the United States to their Andean roots. ...

Leyna Stemle found that by attaching green LED lights to fishing nets in Ghana, the illumination was able to divert most of the reptiles from becoming entangled and hurt. ...

As the world observes the 32nd annual World AIDS Day, a University of Miami team is shining a bright light on a neighborhood initiative to curtail the epidemic. ...

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...