Commencing a reign of fabulousness

The Hurriqueen is a new advice column from a male student at the University of Miami.
Please look for his thoughts on a variety of issues every Monday.
Dear V‘s column will run Thursdays.

The Hurriqueen recently conversed with Opinion Editor Nayda Verier-Taylor.

Nayda Verier-Taylor: Hurriqueen? Why not Hurriking? I mean, you are of the male sex, are you not? Do tell.

HQ: Indeed, sweetheart. I am a male. But here’s the thing: All my life I’ve been called a “queen.” I’ve been degraded just because I prefer the penis over the va-jay-jay. And now that I have my very own advice column, I’m going to turn it all around on those bitches and make a negative a positive. I am queen. All hail.

NVT: What makes you qualified to give others advice on their sex lives, relationships and everyday affairs?

HQ: I genuinely want to see everyone on this campus transform themselves from victims into victors. I want the insecure to get laid; the one-minute man to last all night; and the closet cases to realize that people already know that they’re gay and don’t really care. And I hate to sound like I think I know it all, but I actually do.

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

Six new Hurricanes football players arrived on campus and began classes Monday, a group including a ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are transforming weather forecasts by creating a seasonal for ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team posted a 6-2, 6-0 victory against No. 5 ...

Four Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference Monday for their ...

The University of Miami football program announced Tuesday that it has agreed to a home football gam ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team started her NCAA Singles Cha ...

The Barcelona, Spain, native caps his sophomore campaign with a team-high 21 singles wins. ...