What’s going on?

October 8: Today

SpectrUM is hosting a “Come Out, Chill Out BBQ” at the Pearson volleyball courts from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Students may stop by for food and a game of volleyball between classes.

Books & Books is hosting a book signing at 7:30 p.m. with Frank Romano, author of “Storm Over Morocco.” His book recounts his spiritual voyage to the Middle East, and he presently organizes and participates in interfaith events in Israel and Palestine.

October 9: Tuesday

The Wellness Center is hosting “Weight Loss: Why We Fail and How to Succeed” from noon to 1 p.m. in the Wellness Center classroom 1.

Hillel is hosting “Sukkah Lounge,” featuring sushi, hooka and live Brazilian music, from 8 to 11 p.m.

October 10: Wednesday

UM’s United Way Campaign will host “Taste of UM” from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Miller School Wellness Center, room C. UM-approved catering vendors will provide a variety of free food samples ranging from pasta to paella. Admission is free, but donations will be accepted.

CAC is screening “Hot Fuzz,” starring Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, from 8 to 10 p.m. at the Cosford Cinema. UM students are admitted free with ‘Cane Card.

SpectrUM is hosting Gay and Lesbian 101 in UC 245 at 8 p.m. as part of Coming Out Week.

Court adjourned at United States v. James Gatto on Monday, but not before one last piece of good new ...

Add former five-star running back recruit Lorenzo Lingard to the growing list of injured Miami Hurri ...

Here’s our story on the big news of the day: Mark Richt admonishing N’Kosi Perry for posting a video ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback N’Kosi Perry has been reprimanded for posting a vi ...

The Miami Hurricanes are usually off on Mondays. But today, the Canes (5-2, 2-1 Atlantic Coast Confe ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

The Hurricanes head to Chestnut Hill, Mass., for a for a nationally-televised game against a rough a ...

A trio of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes will continue to make a run at the ...

The Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame announced the 14 semifinalists for the 2018 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team continues to have success in the Main Draw, as a pair ...