Weird News

Attention Wal-Mart shoppers, wedding on aisle two

In Springfield, Ohio, two lovers have tied the knot in the “exclusive” lawn and garden section of their local Wal-Mart. Chet Eldridge is an automotive manager and his new wife Danna Hornback is an arts-and-crafts associate at the store. They met at the staff orientation program. Hornback was delighted when Eldridge asked for a first date in the furniture department, and the couple was engaged not long after. The ceremony took place in the store during regular hours and cheers could be heard from across the store when the two were pronounced man and wife.

Pigs roam upscale michigan neighborhood

In Grand Rapids, Mich., nobody is quite sure how two potbellied pigs wound up in an upscale neighborhood. The wayward swine were spotted about 7 a.m. Wednesday. Animal control quickly netted one of the pigs, but they needed a little more time to capture the second one. The Grand Rapids Press says the pigs are thought to be escaped pets. Local resident Laurie Blase says she doesn’t know of any neighbors who kept pet pigs.

Man gets 5 months for killing ostrich

In Redwood City, Calif., a man has been sentenced to five months in jail and three years of probation for killing an ostrich in San Mateo County. Authorities say Jonathan Porter, his friend Timonthy McKevitt and a few others were drinking on Halloween last year and decided to trespass on a ranch. Gaylord the ostrich apparently grew incensed and attacked and injured both men. Porter and McKevitt later returned to the ranch with a rifle and shotgun and killed Gaylord. McKevitt will have to pay $5,000 in restitution for killing the ostrich. Porter has already served a five-month sentence.

A big baby

In Russia’s Altai region, a jumbo-sized baby was born. The 17.11-pound little girl has stunned her parents, who have 11 other children. The mother, Tatyana Barabanova, was overwhelmed by the sheer size and weight of her not-so-little bundle of joy, Nadia. However, the child does not quite hold the record for “heaviest baby.” According to Guinness World Records, the heaviest baby at birth was a huge 22.8-pound boy in Aversa, Italy, in 1955.

Compiled by Merika Vine and from news.yahoo.com

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...