Sports Briefs

Tennis
Vallverdu siblings see their runs end

After advancing to the second round of the 2007 Polo Ralph Lauren All-American Tennis Championship, with a win against No. 27 Elliot Wronksi, No. 19 Daniel Vallverdu fell in the second round to No. 4 Travis Helgeson.

On the women’s side, sophomore Laura Vallverdu advanced to the quarterfinals in the main draw at the 2007 Riviera/ITA All-American Tennis Championships. She advanced to the quarterfinal round after a tough three-hour match against Vanderbilt’s Amanda Taylor, winning 4-6, 6-4, 6-4. In the quarterfinal round, Vallverdu found herself in an equally tough matchup against Georgia Tech’s Amanda

McDowell, but ultimately Vallverdu fell 11-9 in the third-set tiebreaker.

Cross Country
Hurricanes lock up first-place finishes

The University of Miami women’s and men’s cross country teams finished in first place at the flrunners.com Invitational.

The Hurricane women were led by senior Delia Phlatts, who placed first in the women’s competition.

The Hurricane men were led by junior Andrew Chuplis, who claimed the individual title with a first place finish.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

University of Miami students and professors discuss the issues surrounding Clearview AI, a new softw ...

The School of Nursing and Health Studies honors the founder of modern nursing and the International ...

The University of Miami’s Jerry Herman Ring Theatre opens with a Greek classic. ...

Travis Montaque, founder and CEO of Holler.io, will share how understanding his customers helped him ...

The University of Miami’s museum marks an important milestone. ...