Sports Briefs

Tennis
Vallverdu siblings see their runs end

After advancing to the second round of the 2007 Polo Ralph Lauren All-American Tennis Championship, with a win against No. 27 Elliot Wronksi, No. 19 Daniel Vallverdu fell in the second round to No. 4 Travis Helgeson.

On the women’s side, sophomore Laura Vallverdu advanced to the quarterfinals in the main draw at the 2007 Riviera/ITA All-American Tennis Championships. She advanced to the quarterfinal round after a tough three-hour match against Vanderbilt’s Amanda Taylor, winning 4-6, 6-4, 6-4. In the quarterfinal round, Vallverdu found herself in an equally tough matchup against Georgia Tech’s Amanda

McDowell, but ultimately Vallverdu fell 11-9 in the third-set tiebreaker.

Cross Country
Hurricanes lock up first-place finishes

The University of Miami women’s and men’s cross country teams finished in first place at the flrunners.com Invitational.

The Hurricane women were led by senior Delia Phlatts, who placed first in the women’s competition.

The Hurricane men were led by junior Andrew Chuplis, who claimed the individual title with a first place finish.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

A University of Miami College of Engineering researcher is trying to perfect a technique of using lu ...

Through an internship with M. Shanken Communications, rising senior Teddy Willson has contributed to ...

University of Miami alumna Vanessa Garcia recounts her personal journey writing for the highly accla ...

University of Miami religious studies professor Catherine Newell weighs in on some of the big questi ...

NASA wants to return humans to the moon by 2024. A University of Miami engineering graduate is part ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...